Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I could get a black and white chequered stripe from, around 6 inches wide and long enough to cover my van from the front of the bonnet to the bottom of the tailgate. Obviously due to the length it maight have to come in sections but that's fine.

I contacted a local signmaker and they quoted me £75+vat, is this the going rate, sounds a little steep to me :(

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've checked out the mini stripes on ebay and they all have a slight curve to match the bonnet shape.

OP, It's a T4 van so I'd say around 18 feet.

:)

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
Yeah it's the same with most cars, beetles are a pain to stick stripes on. One day I'll get round to sorting the curve so they look straight :crazy:

T4's are too curvey, I'll have a look at a club members at our Sunday meet mate and report back :D

OP

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's a good find but I think it might be a little too tough. We use the yellow and black stuff at work and it can't be far off a mill thick, would probably be difficult persuade around the curvy bits.

Could be worth a try if nothing else comes up...

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What a site that is, when I shut my eyes all I can see is black and white :eek:

Some of this would be good for the bathroom :lol:

·
I really must get out more
6,086 Posts
I do stickers and stuff, what did the sign company quote for? was it printed black on white vinyl or black overlay? Going down the cut out route, is a real pain in the arse to do checks, you waste a lot of vinyl, and it takes ages. Printed would give a much better result, and the price seems about right, especially considering the length of the van. Try some of the places that advertise on ebay, just put in a search for signs

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That quote was for black squares using the white van as the background. I've managed to find a roll of chequered tape from Demon Tweeks, only 2" wide but 180 feet long so I could always lay more than one section side by side.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts