Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have chopped off my rubber bump stops to about 5mm.... i have pretty big back tires and dont wanna have to get low profiles, is it possible and do people to it, to grind off the metal part of the bump stop that the rubber sits round? As i cant get any lower as the gap between bumpstop and metal plate is about 1mm!!!

Thanks in advance

Freddie

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
if it was that low, personally I would fabricate some really squat down bump stop brackets..... fuck running it so that if it bottoms out it'd be metal on metal

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if it was that low, personally I would fabricate some really squat down bump stop brackets..... fuck running it so that if it bottoms out it'd be metal on metal
I was thinking that, as if i did cut like the whole bumpstop off it would be metal on metal... cant be good :confused: So id need to make some sort of bump stop higher up maybe?

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
I think I have seen someone attach a rubber bumper to the cast bumpstop top part and just let the spring plate rise up to meet it.... like I said though, I would prefer to make some more squat down brackets, the stock ones are a good bit above the top of the spring plate and could be shortened pretty easily I recon

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
20,698 Posts
Cutting the bump stop without it being part of a package of other measures is just plain STUPID. The bump stop is there to prevent the damper (primarily) from bottoming out causing internal damage and subsequently creating a dangerous suspension condition. Partial or damaged bump stops are an MOT fail for justifiable safety reasons.
What other suspension mods have been carried out?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts