Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Was feeling right proud of myself earlier - set the valves, changed the plugs and leads on my bay and had it running better than ever. Finished off with changing the oil - I'd bought a gasket set from JK, but my engine seems to have a very different plate on the sump to what the JK and VWHeritage catalogues show. It's a plate with two bolts in it, doesn't seem to have an oil strainer behind it like I expected.

Am I being a complete div or is the CJ engine setup different? The gaskets I have are the wrong size anyway... can I seal it up with a gasket sealer or can anyone recommend somewhere to buy the right gasket.

Cheers

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Moby

it does look like the picture you show it has two 10ml bolts to hold the plate - I didn't see the drain plug, then again I didn't look for it, so have I been a numpty and taken the wrong bit off!

I'll try sealant 'coz I want to go to Stonor park on Sunday - where can I get the O-ring from for a permanent seal?

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
didn't want to presume or impose (being a newbie an' all that) I would be most honoured if you could furnish me with the "Large red O-ring" I need.

Shall I PM you my details in exchange for some readies or will you be at the show on Sunday?

Cheers

Chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts