Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well its a sort of a heavy sounding clunk, as i let the clutch out and give the bug power, i am getting a solid sounding clunk, just the one and then its fine again, until the next gear change. I`ve had a quick look underneath, but cant see any damage to the gearbox nose cone, or the gearbox mounts, same at the bell housing end, cant really see anything out of the ordinary. The clutch is a kennedy with a daiken super disc on it, they are both fairly new, with just over 1000 miles on them. The box is a stock AB box which we put on a couple of months back, after trashing a few synchros on my rancho. I cant tell if the clunk is from box, engine or axles. I havent jacked it up, basically cos its persisting it down here right now, just wondered if anyone has any thoughts or ideas on what it might be.

·
Registered
18,482 Posts
When it stops persisting :incheek: try this:

Handbrake on.
Chock wheels.
Get under rear of car.
Have mate jog forward and reverse,
whilst you watch/feel/listen at gbox, axles.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Speedy Jim said:
When it stops persisting :incheek: try this:

Handbrake on.
Chock wheels.
Get under rear of car.
Have mate jog forward and reverse,
whilst you watch/feel/listen at gbox, axles.
Yep, think thats the first port of call for the weekend

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Moby5153 said:
I'll bet the front mounting has split in two.
Could well be, i cant see it fully without getting the car up in the air, its fairly new though, although its one of those bloody hard urethane ones.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Moby5153 said:
I'll bet the front mounting has split in two.
Moby, your psychic mechanical ability has come up trumps yet again, the mount hadnt actually split, just the two nyloc nuts had somehow managed to work loose, but thats exactly where the problem was, at the front mount. Jobs done with the minimum of fuss and bother, cheers :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts