Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my cable snapped last weekend and now have replacement, i also have the idiots guide to fixing them, in that it says i have to take the pedal assembly out, but someone told me to just loosen it, anyone got any tips on changing the clutch cable, or a link to a detailed how to, also can i do it on my ownor is it a 2 person thing,

cheers :) , oh its a 59 if that affects anything

·
Tech Guru/Mr VZi '06
41,834 Posts
If you have long thin fingers you can replace it by removing the pedal stop and just letting the pedal assy fall back down to the floor, otherwise you need to remove the whole assy in one piece. Will take you about 2hrs first time around, and there's some help here .... http://www.vw-resource.com/cable.html although it's LHD. A manual is a good thing to have if you want to work on your own car.

·
Registered
45,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
right, i have had a go and failed :eek: , i can just touch the end of the tube with a finger but have struggled and sworn with it till it went dark, i can see that if you take the plate off the end of the accelerator (passenger side) i could take the whole pedal assembly out making things easier, but its been welded on so this will prove tricky, will have another go tomorrow at feeding with renewed enthusiasm :D but might i have to remove the weld and take the whole thing out,or if i got someone to come round to do it would they do this, didnt want to disturb more than i need

·
Tech Guru/Mr VZi '06
41,834 Posts
westy77 said:
................. i can see that if you take the plate off the end of the accelerator (passenger side) i could take the whole pedal assembly out making things easier, but its been welded on .................
Plate 30 should just slide off the end of the shaft. If you mean that plate has been welded, I can't see how or why.

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
It was the accelerator cable bracket that was welded to the accelerator rod. Sorted now though :D ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts