Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

My clutch cable on my '62 Beetle is on the verge of breaking (most of the cable is actually already broken) and I'm having a little problem getting hold of a new one. I've ordered one from Heritage, but it seems to be taking forever to arrive (nearly three weeks already)and I use the car everyday (or not at the mo as I'm forced to drive my wife's '89 Polo), so I need a quicker solution. Is it possible to fit one of the more easily obtainable cables that I can buy from my local GSF?? I've got no idea if the connection on the pedal end is different, but it seems to me the biggest difference is the length. Surely if its just down to length it shouldn't be a problem 'cos the distance from pedal to clutch has gotta be the same on all years and any small amount of length difference can surely be adjusted out??

·
Premium Member
8,812 Posts
The Cables from GSF will all have the same ends, but the important bit is thje cable length, there are different lengths for different years, and whilst some could possibly be used on the wrong year of car, (just a bit too long or short), it's not worth messing, just tell them it's a 62, and see if they have it in stock.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
GSF don't have a cable for a '62 unfortunatley. '62 seems to be an odd year for clutch cables and only Heritage seem to sell em'. If I can get one slightly too long I wouldn't have thought it would be that much of a problem would it?

·
Premium Member
8,812 Posts
Yeah, but the difference is only 2 mm (commonly known as a midges dickie).
You can get the right one off Moby anyway.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Moby5153 said:
Did you read my post? ^^^^
I did! Sorry! I was hoping to get this sorted this weekend, as it's been a problem for over three weeks now, thus why I was looking for a quick solution, but If you've got the correct one, I'll gladly have it off you! How much you want for it squire??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts