Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey folks as the title says my pedals not returning but i dont know how to fix it,ive got no haynes manual and im not very experienced at fixing cars. its sitting in my drive and i cant get it to a garage so i need to do please make all help as detailed as possible thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
480 Posts
Mine did this a few months back and I found that there is a sprint on the accelerator cable with had cought on something. as my finger touched it is sprung back and the pedle came up again.

Hope this help as i am not very tech minded.

·
Highly Respected Member
13,500 Posts
If it's a beetle, and it's just suddenly started doing it, it's probably some crud on the floor under the pedal, jammed between the pedal stop plate and the stop tab on the bottom of the pedal shaft.

Happened to me - it turned out to be a 5p piece jammed down there.

Obviously not applicable if it's other than a beetle.

Oh, and buy yourself a haynes manual.

Dave.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh sorry folks its a 1600 gt beetle, ive given it all a spray with wd40 where it goes into the channel in the middle still not returning

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
ryano356 said:
hey folks as the title says my pedals not returning but i dont know how to fix it,ive got no haynes manual and im not very experienced at fixing cars. its sitting in my drive and i cant get it to a garage so i need to do please make all help as detailed as possible thanks in advance :)
I think you better check the clutch lever return spring on the gearbox! prob broken!stick ya head up under the rear of the car and follow the cable to the arm -you'll see the spring assuming it's a bug or bus.Oh yeah you'll need a torch.Might also be a stretched or broken cable!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I agree, its most likely the return spring behind the clutch arm on the side of the gearbox..i've had a couple go, you can still drive around though...I found its a bit of a b***er to change

1 - 7 of 7 Posts