Volkszone Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Administrator
166,597 Posts
Just a quick heads up/tip guys . . .

If you're using the 'NEW' hyperlink to see new threads etc and are wondering where your last reply to a thread went, it's because the filter(s) on the 'New' page default to 'Show Unread Threads' . . . you can check other filters (ie 'Threads You've Participated In') and set them as your default . . . please see screenshot.

Hope this helps. :)

·
Administrator
166,597 Posts
Also . . . from time to time, you will see the attached message . . . it's self-explanatory really. As the tech guys add new features and adjust the forum's settings, the site will be unavailable for a few minutes (now and then.) :)

·
Registered
16,973 Posts
I know everything has to change (dunno why, if it ain't broke etc etc ) but I'm sorry. This "New Look" is, for me, like that episode of Changing Rooms when Lawrence Llandudno Bowen did somebodys' living room purple and gothic and took out the ("DO NOT TOUCH THE FIREPLACE!") fireplace and at the end the Man was totally pissed off and the woman started crying! I may need to enlist the help of an RAF navigator (cos I'm Fik!) to find my way around the site from now on. Sorry to whoever thought this was a,...... good idea.

·
Administrator
166,597 Posts
I know everything has to change (dunno why, if it ain't broke etc etc ) but I'm sorry. This "New Look" is, for me, like that episode of Changing Rooms when Lawrence Llandudno Bowen did somebodys' living room purple and gothic and took out the ("DO NOT TOUCH THE FIREPLACE!") fireplace and at the end the Man was totally pissed off and the woman started crying! I may need to enlist the help of an RAF navigator (cos I'm Fik!) to find my way around the site from now on. Sorry to whoever thought this was a,...... good idea.
Hi mate,

I merged your post here (as per Tech's request to keep comments in one thread) - please read the first couple of posts here in this thread, it should help you navigate the new layout.

Stay safe mate.

:)

·
Registered
16,973 Posts
Only one question, the random adverts that are popping up in between replies and at the bottom of the page etc
Is there a way to get rid ?
AdBlocPlus (free version) is what I use. Almost no ads on Youtube either.
ads shouldn't bother me too much on here as I don't/didn't visit as often as when I had my Bay and this revamp will ensure I visit even less I think! Oh and who decided to put all that gumf at the bottom of the page? ie; 'recommended reading' and stuff, it's become like GoogleTube when a video has almost ended and lots of pop ups appear on the screen.
Elwood: You don't like it?
Jake: Nah,..... I don't like it!

·
Administrator
166,597 Posts
Hi, how do i post a wanted add now on the new layout?
I can't see anything to start a parts wanted add?
Someone else had this same problem earlier today.

I'm going to merge these posts into the 'Feedback' thread - so the Tech guys will see it.

I made them aware earlier.

Just out of interest, what device and browser are you using?

·
Administrator
166,597 Posts
How do you become a member so I can sell stuff can't work out how now?
Hi Jay,

I've merged this with the 'Feedback' thread - so Tech see it.

There's actually a 'glitch' with the Classifieds that they are looking into - it's locking some users (like yourself) out.

You should be able to post there OK shortly, they're working on it.

If you want to become a sponsor (Premium Member) anyway - I'll get you the link.

Bri

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Hi Jay,

I've merged this with the 'Feedback' thread - so Tech see it.

There's actually a 'glitch' with the Classifieds that they are looking into - it's locking some users (like yourself) out.

You should be able to post there OK shortly, they're working on it.

If you want to become a sponsor (Premium Member) anyway - I'll get you the link.

Bri
Thanks my friend.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Someone else had this same problem earlier today.

I'm going to merge these posts into the 'Feedback' thread - so the Tech guys will see it.

I made them aware earlier.

Just out of interest, what device and browser are you using?

Hi, I still can't post a wanted or for sale thread?

21 - 37 of 37 Posts