Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to an upgrade I maybe selling the CB performance turbo system off my race car.

It the complete CB performance system, including the CB 4th GEN ECU, The system was bought in 2018 and has been very well looked after. (injectors have just recently being cleaned)
Kit comes complete with everything needed (see CB link below)

Also included in the sale is the additional Magnaspark Crank Trigger Mounting Kit with Coil Pack and Spark Plug Wires. This is an additional add on. This complete kit from CB performance cost over $5000.00 + import charge and shipping to the UK. Everything is in perfect condition and working as it should.

Am asking £2500.00 posted or collected

As mentioned I am only selling due to upgrading my race engine, I can post more pictures if people require.

Picture is how the Turbo setup looks on my engine.

166534496_382341966441652_932880380926071065_n by John Mills, on Flickr

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Nice! Don't think I could justify this on my street car, but I confess to having looked at these on the CB website more than once ;)
GLWS!

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Speaking VERY hypothetically, how much of a boost in HP is this going to give, would it be streetable (weekend car).... and would it (still hypothetically, of course) fit behind a 67 valance and decklid. If my wife reads this, don't worry I'm asking for a friend....
Again, it's not for me but might help prospective purchaser, but I guess if they were really serious they'd already know what they were looking at and what the answers were...
;)

·
Registered
442 Posts
Im pretty sure CB designed them to fit below a decklid although i might be wrong. But if this is purely for your "mates" weekend car then it would add +10 smiles. Depends what the rest of your engines like of course. You could run it on low boost for street. Although its all a bit alien to me too

·
Registered
7,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Speaking VERY hypothetically, how much of a boost in HP is this going to give, would it be streetable (weekend car).... and would it (still hypothetically, of course) fit behind a 67 valance and decklid. If my wife reads this, don't worry I'm asking for a friend....
Again, it's not for me but might help prospective purchaser, but I guess if they were really serious they'd already know what they were looking at and what the answers were...
;)
I like your style of post :)

Yes the kit is designed to fit under the rear valance, I use to have my valance on but removed it because... 'because racecar'

Pictures of when I ran a charge coolers and rear valance

20190115_220826 by John Mills, on Flickr

20190115_212313 by John Mills, on Flickr

With deck lid on, I have a bottom stand off fitted in this picture, but you don't have to run any standoff it will fit under a normal deck lid

20190420_094106_HDR by John Mills, on Flickr

Depending on your motor the kit will work fine in any street car, you can adjust the PSI (waste gate is fitted with a 7psi spring) So boost levels are set quite low. (they can up changed with the boost controller). The ECU is complete programmable just like any ECU, so you get get it MAPED to be as road friendly as your require. (Depending on cam I guess).

It is a great kit, I was a complete novices to all thing EFI when I got this but soon learnt and now there no turning back. As mention only selling because am upgrading to a larger drag engine / turbo setup.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts