Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
I'm special
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since Saturday and despite our having the pop up blocker with only 3 sites allowed, I'm being plagued by 'security alerts' which look very official and read "WinAntiVirusPro2006FreeInstall.exe". These pop ups are very insistent and keep tellling me that I have 220 viruses, Trojans etc and I should download their security software immediately. They appear to be a good copy of the microsoft information pages The line in the address bar reads http://www.amaena.com/securityworm5827/ then a load of numbers which I have written down but don't want to put in here in case it does something nasty to the system! (Yes, I am a puter tard :rolleyes: )

I went to microsoft update and there are no new downloads for my system (windowsXP) I ran their malicious software removal tool which came up blank, I then downloaded and ran windows defender just to be sure. I also have grisoft avg antivirus which I did a full scan with and all of the above came out clear.

How do I stop these 'security alerts'? They are driving me mad and pop up at least half a dozen times before they clear for a while. Have I got to get rid of something or get a patch? I'm quite worried about it. Should I be taking them seriously or are they just a tout of some kind? Or indeed, are my existing security systems missing something?

At present I have resorted in blocking pop ups from all sites to see if that helps, but ideally I want to be able to receive them from some and have peace of mind that my pc isn't riddled with anything nasty.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.:)

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Firstly, dont install it!

Anything that is legit would not request you to install it.

Get adaware or spybot - google for them. And do a search of your system.

That should sort it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts