Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
13,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you know Tracey and her sisters did their Sue Ryder care Beat the Banner run in Battersea Park yesterday. The weather wasnt the best but at least while they where running it was only a mild drizzle.

They did the run to raise money for the Saint Johns Hospice where their dad lost his battle with prostate cancer at the begining of the year. :(

Between them they have raised just over £1000 :)

This is where the money is going St. John's

I'm so proud of the 3 of them :D:D:D:D :hug:

Although I'm doubly proud of Tracey as she hasnt had the easiest of weeks click me to find out why

I'll post some pics of them later :)

If anyone interested in contributing in some way please click here to find Traceys original thread.

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
10,486 Posts
If I was wearing a hat, I'd take it off to them. :)

In fact, I might even go and put one on so I can. :D

·
Registered
845 Posts
Yay - well done Tracey and her sisters - very proud of you babe, particularly as it can't have been fun running in yesterday's weather! :hug:

·
Registered
975 Posts
Hey Guys, thanks and to you Danny :D

Well I was really excited about running it and more to the point I just wanted it to rain so I could look a twat in my stupid poncho they provided us with. We started off by doing a half hour warm up session to a keep fit Guru on stage which was fun. Then at about 2.10pm we started and after 2 laps = 3.2 miles we finished. We had a right laugh on the way and felt really proud and emotional when we had finished. My dad must have been pissing himself laughing at us doing it, but his 3 girls did him proud and I feel proud to have done it for him :) I know Im mad by saying this but Id definately do it again. Thanks for everyones support, its gratefully received and appriciated!

·
Registered
975 Posts
The Original Bug Babe said:
Well done you :hug: ..I did think about you yesterday & wondered whether you'd end up doing a sponsored swim instead of a run ;)
Ha ha ha ha ha, everyone else was worrying about the rain and I said Im doing it rain, shine or torrential I didnt care. Its so pleasing to have completed it.

PINK LADY: I thought a lot about you and run some steps for your dad too :hug:

·
Registered
505 Posts
Tdub, Forget the hat, why did you not get your legs out for the lads?

Well done. Good to hear that you made it round OK and had fun whilst doing it.

·
Registered
975 Posts
young-tank said:
Tdub, Forget the hat, why did you not get your legs out for the lads?

Well done. Good to hear that you made it round OK and had fun whilst doing it.
Well I didnt think about that tbh, Maybe I should have done. My sisters boyfriend told me he would give me £20 donation if I flashed my baps at a passer by, I was going to but Danny said he would kill me if I did :incheek: Was funny though, very! I was well up for it.

Hope your gramps is doing ok hun? You know where I am :hug:

·
Registered
12,492 Posts
Congrats Tdub...well done, good on you!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts