Volkszone Forum banner

should we move the children to the local school ?

• yes move them

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • no keep them where they are

Votes: 16 94.1%
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok me and mrs cola can't agree so here's the story and you give an outsiders veiw please

we moved to colchester because nic wasn't well and we wanted to be closer to my family for help and support
when we moved here we couldn't get the kids in the local school so the council placed them at one in the next village this involes a small car drive
we went to appeal to get them in the local school and now
we've had the appeal and it was upheld in our favour (all good so far)
now here's the problem the local school have been less than helpful all the way through from us applying originally and since the appeal they have now been using scare tactics as in the staff may go to the union and the parents might revolt !!! because the class size is larger than the norm and we are the first people ever to have had an appeal upheld
where as the school they are in have been very very kind and the kids have settled in well making many friends
we also need to point out that the kids are not keen to move
my mum and sister live in our village and could walk the kids to the local school and collect them in an emergency however neither drive so wouldn't be able to get them to their current school
so should we move them to the local school or leave them where they are

also we should say that at the moment i'm not working and nic feels ok but this could change at any time

·
Registered
13,136 Posts
was there a 3rd option, i feel so restricted with just 2 choices :incheek: :lol:

·
faster than the human eye
2,242 Posts
mate they sound ok in the school they are in and at the end of the day i think that is what matters most :)

·
Registered
10,670 Posts
Ever thought of getting a job as a school bus driver :incheek: :D

im good at problem solving i am :D

·
Registered
21,814 Posts
I say let them stay as they are for now. If Things change then maybe move them then even if to another closer school, not the one giving you grief

·
2,242 Posts
Gal said:
I say let them stay as they are for now. If Things change then maybe move them then even if to another closer school, not the one giving you grief
i'm with gal

·
2,242 Posts
can't you appeal the appeal :mad: these things make me so mad :mad:

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
camper boy said:
can't you appeal the appeal :mad: these things make me so mad :mad:
no no you misunderstand the appeal went in our favour ! we wanted them at the local school it's the local school that is now unhappy with the appeal but this makes us worried that the kids or us might get a hard time if we send them there

·
2,242 Posts
anyway, ar'nt teachers supposed to want to help kids, not go running to the union if there is one too many in the class. (not having a go at all teachers, just the ones at this school before you all start ) lol

·
Registered
884 Posts
Dont know about you situation ,not working partner not well but wouldnt the local authorities/social help with bussing/taxes etc may be worth checking into this if the kids are happy

1 - 20 of 36 Posts