Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you suggest a good bar/club for us to go to tonight please??

Going to the city centre, havent been for a couple of years.

Would appreciate something thats not chavvy (aka ikon!) maybe something cheesey or we wouldnt mind maybe some live bands??

·
Seasoned Chat Slut
2,134 Posts
Ask me about 20 years ago and I would have told you :lol:

Now I've got kids, I'm never out. Coudn't tell you were the 'appening places are now. I did go to the old fire station recently for a meal. Very good place to begin your pub crawl (if you want to fill the stomach first ;))

There's a trendy bar at ground floor level, although they wouldn't let rif-raf like me in. Lots of places behind sainsbury's and up around the cathedral though. Chavs are around the skydome from what i know.

Birmingham always wins hands down, depends if you want to travel.

·
Registered
6,743 Posts
Cheesey? Head for the Phoenix, just down the road from Brown's (the Scream pub 72_square's on about).
Further down the road you have Whitefriars and the Oak, down the bottom of the hill you have The Beer Engine, a bit rough, but good for bands, and the Hand & heart even further on that road (far gosford st).
In town centre there's the Dog & Trumpet if you're a 12 year old gothsk8randhateyourselfandwanttodieanddrinksnakebiteandselfharmandthinkKurtCobainisGod.

·
Seasoned Chat Slut
2,134 Posts
Don't forget to get a taxi + free fight from The Burgess when you've finished.

*note: I'm stuck in a 20year 'back to the future' time frame again*

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
If you want full on Chavvy cheese, then goto Jumpin Jacks, then the nightclub next door... Enigma I think, but someone will probably correct me. Anyway, it is all at the Skydome. Then after you can get a rancid burger made out of MRM and then get into a fight with a local Townie Chav who is probably only about 14 but pissed up on cider!

My advice, goto Inspire, an old church spire (hence the name) just on the road with all the estate agents on. It serves really unusual european beers, have a very cosy, warm atmosphere and has a little DJ on playing some good chilled out house / garage (not too loudly) and has a plesant outside bit. Open till 2am I think? It is a touch more expensive than the 'usual places' but this keeps the rif-raf away :lol:

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
9,041 Posts
cant help ya Helabela

but next time u want a cheesyish night out in Leicester let me know, ill sort ye out with bubbly and guestlist etc :D

of on a friday its only a quid all drinks anyhoo....

(sorry im not advertising my venue or anything lol)

·
Registered
4,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cant help ya Helabela

but next time u want a cheesyish night out in Leicester let me know, ill sort ye out with bubbly and guestlist etc :D

of on a friday its only a quid all drinks anyhoo....

(sorry im not advertising my venue or anything lol)
LOL!!!

Where is it that u work again?? Im for that free bubbly!!:lol:

·
Seasoned Chat Slut
2,134 Posts
Get your time machine out and wind it back to the '80's for Park Lane or the Pink Parrot!

·
I really must get out more
5,658 Posts
down the side of the sky dome there are a few pubs that are ok but i forget there names or there is sqiures for the sudent type thing

and go eclispe:D

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.