Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have almost the same problem with my fugitive, I want to change the back bay IRS to match the front 4 stud
You are right, there is no way to fit a set of adapters, the best option although not necessarily cheap is to contact Creative Engineering who can machine brand new hubs with any pattern on them.
I havent bought any yet, they were not cheap, but are worth the money considering the work involved.
I wouldnt consider bolting adapters to the hub, then adapters to the adapters then the wheels to the adapters. Too much stack up of tolerances might mean balance problems and all those bolts are just waiting to come loose where you cant see them.

Good luck

·
Registered
13,088 Posts
yes i have been playing with autocad this mornign at work checking this over, the idea was 2 adaptor rings, in my case because i need 30mm thick spacers for the wheels to clear the front struts & replacing all my brakes drums/discs + buying 30 mm spaces as well is expencive the first adaptor 15mm thick steel would be drilled for 130x4 beetle and 130x5 porsche, the second adaptor (15mm thick) would be 130x5 porsche and 112x5 bay/audi, this then means 1 bolt can go all the way through both adaptors into the hub, which is then bolted together with 5 bolts total & clearing the second 5 stud pattern.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts