Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone fitted one of these to their cars?

Its has a docking thingy that charges it up ect and an FM modulator that plugs into the ariel on the head unit.

The sound is so cack im amazed they sell them. Constant hissing in the background and ive tried every frequency it operates on.

Then in the instructions it explains how to turn the input volume up or down. You have to take the modulator apart and adjust it on the PCB with the worlds smallest scews, too high and the bass overtakes it too little and your back into the hissing noise.

What a product! Ive spent two days trying to get it right im giving up and taking it back to Argos.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,754 Posts
I bought a direct line in that simply plugged into the back of my (Blaupunkt)head unit. £4.95 and works a bloody treat. No farting around with FM (got tired of that with iTrips etc. Crisp, perfect sound and I can put the 'Pod where I want it. I also use this line in the blast perfect sound out of my laptop while watching DVDs (camper van).

Shane
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My sony CD head unit is only a few years old and dosnt have an audio in! Audio out it has. Maybe its time i got another new head unit, technology is a bitch! This thing from Argos is £100! I expect not to have to mess around too much with tiny adjustment screws. Even says on the box "Just plug in and listen". My arse!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,339 Posts
beng said:
My sony CD head unit is only a few years old and dosnt have an audio in! Audio out it has. Maybe its time i got another new head unit, technology is a bitch!
1. go to Tesco or similar

2. Pick up one of those funny cassette things with a wire comming out the back with a jack plug on the end for about a fiver

3. put cassette thingy in cassette slot in your wireless

4. Plug iPod into jack plug thingy.

Ta-da!!

Thank me later.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
2-bob Monkey Mafia said:
1. go to Tesco or similar

2. Pick up one of those funny cassette things with a wire comming out the back with a jack plug on the end for about a fiver

3. put cassette thingy in cassette slot in your wireless

4. Plug iPod into jack plug thingy.

Ta-da!!

Thank me later.
Its a CD player, but thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,754 Posts
you might be surprised. Do a net search for accessories for your unit. Mine isn't just like a 'jack', it's a small square plug that fits into a specific place in the back, like the big speaker plug thingy. In fact, do you know the model number?

Shane
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
shane r said:
you might be surprised. Do a net search for accessories for your unit. Mine isn't just like a 'jack', it's a small square plug that fits into a specific place in the back, like the big speaker plug thingy. In fact, do you know the model number?

Shane
I will have a butchers!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,086 Posts
If your head unit has cd changer control you can buy a little box that you plug your ipod into, and then to the head unit so the head unit "thinks" it's a cd changer plugged in.

That's what i've got in mine (except i have a the sony mp3 jukebox thingy) works a treat, you can flick to next track from the head unit too.

here it is shown with a head unit, sure you could buy it seperately

http://www.lowcostcaraudio.co.uk/sh...ptor_pageJJ4ZZproductJJ1837ZZcategoryJJ/iPOD/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,146 Posts
tried the fm transmitter, it was cack.

My head unit didnt have an audio in and i wanted to get rid of it to keep the original look inside the car.

Amp in boot, line in connect in glove box attached to ipod :)

Sorted
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top