Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a letter back in June (to the wrong address, and not my DOB) so I phoned to say this not me etc, but they said they would still take me to court.

Finally after weeks of getting calls at all hours I offerd to pay £50 for it all to go away.

They agreed and half an hour later called back as the agent had made a mistake and should have agred on £55.

I refused to pay the extra £5.

they then left repeated messages (I was in hospital) so I caled them back and surprise surprise as I couldnt confirm address or DOB they wouldn't discuss the account with me.

I fired off a letter explaing th entire saga (3 pages) and also emailed it to them via their website.

I received a message back saying they would be in touch - but instead yesterday I received a letter from ANOTHER agency trying to collect the remaining balance.

What on earth do I do??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,516 Posts
So the debt isn't yours? Let them take you to court then, they'll soon get egg on their face. Certainly don't pay anything - why should you! Perhaps try the CAB too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,836 Posts
is it your debt ? if its not why agree to pay it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was't my debt but I'm in and out of hospital at the mo and the stress was making me more ill so I just wanted it to go away probably the wrong thing to do but I just didn't want to come out of hospital to a pile of missed calls and re directed mail
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,836 Posts
jojo said:
It was't my debt but I'm in and out of hospital at the mo and the stress was making me more ill so I just wanted it to go away probably the wrong thing to do but I just didn't want to come out of hospital to a pile of missed calls and re directed mail
i sent pm :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,516 Posts
Sounds like that's happening anyway though.

I'd go to the CAB. You shouldn't be hassled for a debt that isn't yours, and you certainly shouldn't be paying it.

Good luck! :hug:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,836 Posts
jojo said:
It was't my debt but I'm in and out of hospital at the mo and the stress was making me more ill so I just wanted it to go away probably the wrong thing to do but I just didn't want to come out of hospital to a pile of missed calls and re directed mail
dont pay a penny it can be sorted :group:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,529 Posts
i still get the wife's ex husband's grief,
had the court rep round a couple of weeks
ago, he aint lived at this address for 5 years.

i had to provide photo ID at the door to
prove i wasn't him, no need to get stressed about
it when you aint at fault or in debt to 'em.

(i ended up giving them his work address, mother's
home address and work address and the police
station his kid sister is stationed at ;))
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just spoke to the peeps - they have indeed got the wrong person - i just got to send a copu of my id - i explained i wasn't able to do so until next week as off work sick and they were fine.

They also ging to contact their client to advise that I had settled the debt that wasn't mine with the other company and see if I can be reimbursed as a gesture of goodwill.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,754 Posts
Listen, I'm near Oxford and I wear a suit for a living. I'LL sort these bastards out. Let them take you to court- no stress, I'll handle it. We'll immediately counter sue for 10 times that amount for stress and punitive damages. You'll agree to settle out of court for £400.

Care to make some money? No, I'm not a solicitor or anything like it. Yes, I do hold several positions where I have to chew people right out daily (although I'm actually a lovely guy).

If you just want me to telephone them, I'm happy to do that- and believe me, they'll be bloody sorry.

Let me know if I can help.

Shane
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
shane r said:
Listen, I'm near Oxford and I wear a suit for a living. I'LL sort these bastards out. Let them take you to court- no stress, I'll handle it. We'll immediately counter sue for 10 times that amount for stress and punitive damages. You'll agree to settle out of court for £400.

Care to make some money? No, I'm not a solicitor or anything like it. Yes, I do hold several positions where I have to chew people right out daily (although I'm actually a lovely guy).

If you just want me to telephone them, I'm happy to do that- and believe me, they'll be bloody sorry.

Let me know if I can help.

Shane
Thank you very much - but it is now all sorted with regard to any further debt - just need to try and reclaim my £50 from the cowboys who claimed the debt was mine in the first place.

http://www.fredricksoninternational.co.uk/

These are the goons /\ /\ /\ who can't follwo simple data protection and they also didn't respond to my letter explaining that i wasn't the person merely sold the debt on again - very irresponsible IMO.

I wil be seeing if I can retrieve anything from these people.

PS if this carries on do I get the whole possee??????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,841 Posts
I got some bitch using my address in Dorset as her 'other' property, so far Ive had debt collection letters for Courts,Thames Water,Creation store card & others.
I just phone them up,tell them to search the electrol(sp?) registrar & as soon as they realise shes never lived her they dont bother me.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
26,771 Posts
jojo said:
Just spoke to the peeps - they have indeed got the wrong person - i just got to send a copu of my id - i explained i wasn't able to do so until next week as off work sick and they were fine.

They also ging to contact their client to advise that I had settled the debt that wasn't mine with the other company and see if I can be reimbursed as a gesture of goodwill.
Fuck a gesture of goodwill you should never have paid in the first place. Like Shane says either yourself or an agent phone the buggers up and harrass the death out of them, remember to charge for your time, calls, letters, stress etc etc etc.

You also need them to establish why the debt is lodged at your address as well and get them to sort this as well to make sure nobody else registers similar claims

Good luck and hope you get better soon :hug:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,754 Posts
PS I think you'll now find that Equifax (the worlds nastiest bastards) now had you down as a bad credit risk- through no fault of your own. I once rented a flat in Devon and suddenly started getting refused credit (turned down for mobile phone, credit card etc). Contacted Equibollax and they were blacklisting me due to bill-dodgers that had previously lived at the flat!! Better round the boys up...

Shane
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
shane r said:
Oh, sweet jesus...

We don't care if they owe you 50 quid or 50 pence. Their ass is grass!​
Aw bless y'all!

I will be sorting it out and hopefully receiving a lot more than 50 squids

It a bollox cos I worked 7 days a week for about 4 years to pay off 15K worth of debt rather than doing the I'm bankrupt option (nearly killed myself doing so) and then some numpty bollox buys a duff list!

Shane - may even make it over to Bicester for a club meet some day (still awaiting aircooled transportation!)
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top