Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really sorry - I just know that this has been asked by every other person starting out with dells and I did do a search -

Anyway, whats the correct set up for the banjo bolt fuel pipe unions. Each carb has two inlets per banjo. Are you meant to block spare one off or do you connect the two 'spare' unions (one per carb) like you would a carb balancing pipe.

cheers
fred

·
Highly Respected Member
13,589 Posts
If they're ex-alfasud dells, the LH carb will have two large pipes on the banjo and the RH carb will have one large and one small.

Normal practice (unless you're going racing) is to block of the small outlet on the RH carb (I tapped it and fitted a screw with loctite to seal it) and then run the pipe from the fuel pump into the LH carb, then another pipe from the LH carb to the RH carb.

Where you need very high fuel delivery rates (race cars) normal practice is to block off one pipe on each banjo and use a (low restriction) T piece.

Dave.

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks Dave, they are indeed of an Alfasud - will follow your lead.

My first car 20 years ago was an Alfasud 1.5 ti. Total rustbucket obviously but a dream to drive and a stunning engine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts