Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gona buy a digital camera , just wondering if any of yous can recomend any in particular . Some peeps on here have posted some fab photies didgital or not .Anyway needs to be easy to use mainly for snap shots but good quality , no fidly little buttons and up to £200.00 any ideas ? :D

·
Registered
10,484 Posts
I've had great results from an Olympus - similar to the 600 on this page. It's been used as the family camera for three years, dropped a few times, been in pockets with no case, but still superb.

Make sure you get a good capacity (256 Mb or greater) card, and you'll be fine.

They do chew through batteries, esp. when using flash, so make sure you have spares/rechargeables (best) when travelling.

·
Registered
10,484 Posts
In fact I've just realised that since getting some 2500 mAh AA re-chargeable batteries it's been going through far fewer. The first ones I got only held 1000 mAh, which does make a difference.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
artist said:
I've had great results from an Olympus - similar to the 600 on this page. It's been used as the family camera for three years, dropped a few times, been in pockets with no case, but still superb.

Make sure you get a good capacity (256 Mb or greater) card, and you'll be fine.

They do chew through batteries, esp. when using flash, so make sure you have spares/rechargeables (best) when travelling.

good link ta .

that photie ,is there a filter on it or is it just atmospheric clouds ?

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
52,673 Posts
funky munky said:
The Fuji S5600 doesn't eat through batteries, and costs under £200. Don't want fiddly buttons? Then slap it on auto for even the most brain-dead snapper :) It also has a very good optical zoom
I've got one of these and they are a top camera, easy to use,auto function is good for most things. Although I have been trying out some more complex things with it and it is very straightforward.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
clarkson said:
I've got one of these and they are a top camera, easy to use,auto function is good for most things. Although I have been trying out some more complex things with it and it is very straightforward.
Me too

Did some close ups with mine last week

First attempts and I'm proud of them ;)

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
funky munky said:
The Fuji S5600 doesn't eat through batteries, and costs under £200. Don't want fiddly buttons? Then slap it on auto for even the most brain-dead snapper :) It also has a very good optical zoom
I just bought one of these Fuji 5600 to replace my last fuji. Absolutely brilliant. Cost me £148 inc postage from Pixmania.co.uk. :D :D :D

·
Registered
761 Posts
c4r49h said:
I just bought one of these Fuji 5600 to replace my last fuji. Absolutely brilliant. Cost me £148 inc postage from Pixmania.co.uk. :D :D :D
Pixmania deal with grey imports, you will have problems with warranties, foreign manuals, and the wrong type of mains adapter (if you buy a camera with a charger that is).

The F30 is also another great camera from Fuji, itís pocket sized.

More info here on our current range:
http://www.fujifilm.co.uk/digital/index.php?&flash=9

·
Registered
10,484 Posts
that photie ,is there a filter on it or is it just atmospheric clouds ?
No filter, but a bit of tweaking of the pic on the PC. Not much tweaking though, it really did look pretty much like that on the day - it's Polzeath, Aug 05. Luckily the first 10 days of the hols were sunny.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
thelosttraveller said:
Pixmania deal with grey imports, you will have problems with warranties, foreign manuals, and the wrong type of mains adapter (if you buy a camera with a charger that is).

The F30 is also another great camera from Fuji, itís pocket sized.

More info here on our current range:
http://www.fujifilm.co.uk/digital/index.php?&flash=9
I have the camera registered with fuji UK, but the manual is french, but i speak a little so i understand some of it, I didn't get a charger but i have very good rechargable batteries.

If you're after a bargain sometimes you make samll sacrifices.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Ever considered a phone?

I know they're by no means pro-quality but my Sony Ericcson K800i is 3.2meg and it's pretty good for day-to-day stuff. Even has a proper flash (not the daft "lamp" efforts on other phones) - Always with you and get 'em free(ish) on a contract.

I took this in very low light conditions so it's a bit blurry and it's not using the "fine" settings, but it gives you an idea of what the *worst* conditions would give. In full daylight it gives much better results. Also it has a 1 gig memory stick which is pretty useful

·
Registered
26,995 Posts
britcay said:
I know they're by no means pro-quality but my Sony Ericcson K800i is 3.2meg and it's pretty good for day-to-day stuff. Even has a proper flash (not the daft "lamp" efforts on other phones) - Always with you and get 'em free(ish) on a contract.

I took this in very low light conditions so it's a bit blurry and it's not using the "fine" settings, but it gives you an idea of what the *worst* conditions would give. In full daylight it gives much better results. Also it has a 1 gig memory stick which is pretty useful
mega pixel dont mean shit .....its the lens that matters.....when mobile phone people work that one out they might be an alternative ....until then they are a novelty

·
Registered
10,484 Posts
Cameras on phones - lenses not so hot, probably no/poxy flash, and far fewer features etc. Best to get a dedicated camera in my opinion.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts