Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody got one? Mine's not showing BBC3, BBC4 & ITV4 and it's clock is wrong by an hour and eleven minutes. :rolleyes: Bloody digitable.

I'm assuming it's not the box itself or am I wrong? Other channels & functions are ok.

·
Registered
25,882 Posts
sometimes in the morning my digibox is 2 hours wrong. my nan's does it too.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's a freeview. It started to sulk sometime on Thursday- just says ' No Service' for three channels. And keeps telling me the wrong time. :moon:

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Habe you tried updating it using the menu. Maybe there's updates waiting. ANd as for the BBC3/4 and ITV4, it's not until 7:00pm ;)

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, it's still not playing, It's refusing to update or retune.

Hark! - I think I hear the wheelie bin calling :rolleyes: :)

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
a couple of questions before you bin it.

1) whats the weather like where you are?

2) what sort of aerial are you using? internal/external?

3) have you got a signal amp on the aerial if internal?

BBC3,4 and ITV4 may all be on the same MUX, and due to your location the signal from that mux may need a boost. The weather local to you and also at the uplink may also cause problems.

Anyway if you can get a good signal a retune/redownload of channels will be needed (as already mentioned)

·
Registered
10,676 Posts
I got a freeview box when they first appeared ages ago....

Thompson branded one , its never been any good really , very sluggish and the EPG is terrible to use. :(

Good job i have my motorised satellite system to make up for it :D

·
Registered
19,818 Posts
I've lost Channel 5, More 4 and E4. The only channels I can get without that annoying jumping and "zzt" noise are BBC1 and 2.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's thrown all it's toys out the pram now. Says it's never heard of any tv channels at all and that I can't make it do wot it doesn't want to.

It's gone in the bin :) :moon:

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Get yourself a signal booster from Argos.

I got one for my Son.
He got a freeview box brand new off ebay for £19 inc postage but had issues with ITV and ITV related stations.
Bought a signal booster with a variable Db output and he is now sorted.

As the digital experiment is rolled out over the UK the strength of the digital signal will increase so it wont be too long before these sort of problems are behind us.

Just want NASN on freeview and I can kick Sky to the curb.

RALPH.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bought a cheapo 'never-heard-of-the-brand' one from the co-op £15 and it's better than the old one ever was :) Will try a signal booster :)

To be honest tho, my telly watching :yawn: is in steep decline and the whole lot may well end up in the skip :crazy:

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Take that last bit back :eek:

Everybody on tv now looks like they've got a severe whole body twitch :tick: :crazy:

Interesting effect, but I can only watch it for about a minute before I feel like twitching in time :rolleyes:

I think the whole lot could end up in the bin

1 - 15 of 15 Posts