Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
You can, but they'll be the wrong height. The mounts are in a different position - you may need to make some adaptors too, as I think the distance between the front mounts is different too.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
does that mean the same will happen with blade bumpers

some say u can buy adjustor irons if u can could i have a link so i get get some

cheers

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
chris_beetle69 said:
if the bumpers sit at the wrong height will that mean that it will look sh*t
In my opinion, yes. But it's your car dude. Do what you want to it and enjoy it.
Blades will be the same as u.s spec.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
chris_beetle69 said:
do u think i should get some t bars instead of bumpers of do they look sh*t
Well, I'd prefer to fit T bars, but I'd actually keep the big bumpers on. - Search out some pics online and see what you think...

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
10,486 Posts
chris_beetle69 said:
have u got any pics of a 1971 1300 beetle with blade, us spec, or europa bumpers on
Personally, I've always been a fan of Europas...

·
Registered
15,060 Posts
Well what does yours have at the moment?

In my opinion (Volkszone disclaimer ;) ) t bars on late bugs look cack cos there's too much of a void from the short bonnet and decklid. Badly positioned baldes/us spec bumpers also look cack.

A bug can look fookin' beatuful with good ol Europas.

Below is the evidence to my opinions:

;)

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
10,486 Posts
Good point well made, Tom. However, I think those last two need raising. Specially the black one. ;)

·
Registered
15,060 Posts
I just realised that from the text of my post before, it sounds like I'm slating my own car! :lol:

Samage said:
Good point well made, Tom. However, I think those last two need raising. Specially the black one. ;)
:moon: :moon: :moon:

·
Registered
15,060 Posts
The actual story behind that is my mate Sam (Firedancer's brother) has an obsession with otters. The "4 finger wave" is in fact a reference to The Really Wild Show's Terry Nutkins who sadly lost a finger to an otter. :lol:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts