Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
18,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a MASSIVE conker tree in my back garden and it looks ill Its hardly got any conkers on it this year and the leafs r going yellow allready :eek: What can i do to perk it up

Any one? :)

·
Registered
861 Posts
you can't do anything now, it's nearly Autumn and that's when the leaves drop off trees.
No conkers has to do with the lack of rain in the spring which is when the conkers are starting to form.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
play it some music :) maybe a bit of bach :D

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
DRUNKENBUM said:
I have a MASSIVE conker tree in my back garden and it looks ill Its hardly got any conkers on it this year and the leafs r going yellow allready :eek: What can i do to perk it up

Any one? :)
Trees don't last forever dude. They live for a certain amount of tim and usually take the same amount of time to die. (where they stop getting bigger)

Sounds like you have an ill OAT on your hands.

(the above is bollocks)

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
can't remember where exactlyi saw it, but apparently there is a tree disease going round conker trees at the moment. they'vefound something like a 1/4 to a 1/3 of them are diseased n have had to cut them down to try n stop the spread:(

·
Banned
18,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BeeBug said:
can't remember where exactlyi saw it, but apparently there is a tree disease going round conker trees at the moment. they'vefound something like a 1/4 to a 1/3 of them are diseased n have had to cut them down to try n stop the spread:(
Thats why i started this thread it defo looks ill man but how can i tell
:(

·
Banned
18,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
fuchs lee said:
Not to cause alarm, but that could fall on your house....
Fuck my house its my garage iam botherd about :eek:

Now i know it aint going to fall down just would like to know if i can feed it any thing someone told me bone meal

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Theres a disease called bleeding canker which causes running wounds on there trunks going around, Also some foriegn moth has had a bumper year because of the heat and just happens to love putting its catapillars on horse chestnuts. Hence the yellow curled up leaves

It's tragic down here in the south east, pretty much every conker tree is affected Maidenhead was the worst i've seen many of the trees had already lost all their leaves.

Give it a chance< Just leave it for this year, if we have a cold snap it should wipe out the mothy beasts. See how it gets on next year, it ain''t dead yet. Even if it dies it will be a good coupla years before anything falls off it.

Regards Stodge

·
Banned
18,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
stodge said:
Theres a disease called bleeding canker which causes running wounds on there trunks going around, Also some foriegn moth has had a bumper year because of the heat and just happens to love putting its catapillars on horse chestnuts. Hence the yellow curled up leaves
It Has got a big like scab on its trunk that like ouses grey shit
:(

will post a picture tomorow do you think i can cure it

i dont want it to dye man owls and the lot live in that tree its been here longer than me so it dserves to live :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts