Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and no its not italian or rice with that out of the way
does anyone do it and how good have you found it
i sufer from alot of back pain and willing to try owt
any answers please :D

·
Registered
470 Posts
My girlfriend does it and loves it! she has a bad back from ballet and says it helps her posture a lot!

And if your a fella, dont worry bout it, Hulk Hogan does it!!

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
My missus does it too - good for core stability which in turn helps with posture and back problems.

·
Registered
11,610 Posts
I used to do pilates, it's remarkeably hard work. To someone watching it looks like you're doing nothing really, but when you do it, Christ, you can sweat buckets doing what looks like nothing active! Very very targetted, effective, but hard work.

I've also done yoga, and to be honest I would recommend that more for back pain, but.....my personal thing I never ever do in yoga is a headstand. Say what you like, the weight of the body is not designed to be put on to your neck!

I would be more inclined to suggest you try yoga, especially as there are several different types to try. Classes tend to be full of women too, which can be a bonus, I now have a lovely son as a result of going to yoga classes!

A good way to massage your back even when on your own by the way....lie on a hard-ish floor, draw your knees up to your chest and hug them, then rock from side to side with the base of your back on the floor- bliss for a hurting back. :)

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
James86 said:
My girlfriend does it and loves it! she has a bad back from ballet and says it helps her posture a lot!

And if your a fella, dont worry bout it, Hulk Hogan does it!!
im not bothered what people think if it helps
its just while i was waiting for my other van to fail its mot
i went to a local park and a couple were doing it pilates that is
and i could see the help with curculation as well

i guess the vans as exausted as me as it failed :incheek:

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeh do that and is good and i do the lieing on front flat lifting just head then
onto elbows and then arms outstreched waiting about thirty seconds at each stage i arching your back more and more but steadily usualy here and feel my back click right again

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i do alot of lifting usualy and think its when you lift wrong
which is sometimes impossable to avoid when humping three piece suits and other awkward stuff

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
dub welder said:
i went to a local park and a couple were doing it pilates that is and i could see the help with curculation as well
They were doing Pilates in the park? ooh, err! (Are you sure it wasn't Tai Chi?)

I teach Pilates, but you'd have to pay me a lot to teach it in the park, LOL!

Pilates has a few different approaches, I teach Fitness Pilates, but all of them target your Core, the muscles of the torso and those responsible for posture. It will be really good for your back but take care not to go beyond your current capabilities or you could hurt yourself. A good teacher will show you different adaptations.

J. :bandit:

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
westy77 said:
:lol: that makes me laugh

i get a bad back too its a bummer sometimes :)
mines fairly constant maybe just old age
but also fancy a go on a climbing wall and this might help there too :D

·
Registered
45,845 Posts
dub welder said:
mines fairly constant maybe just old age
but also fancy a go on a climbing wall and this might help there too :D
mines now and again, i move funny and get asharp stabbing pain that stays for the rest of the day, sleep on my back and its gone in the morning.

not if you fall off it wont :incheek: :D

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Julieanne said:
They were doing Pilates in the park? ooh, err! (Are you sure it wasn't Tai Chi?)

I teach Pilates, but you'd have to pay me a lot to teach it in the park, LOL!

Pilates has a few different approaches, I teach Fitness Pilates, but all of them target your Core, the muscles of the torso and those responsible for posture. It will be really good for your back but take care not to go beyond your current capabilities or you could hurt yourself. A good teacher will show you different adaptations.

J. :bandit:
i could be wrong but looked on a site and it looks simular but hay the one doing it so im probly wrong my go and speak to them if i see em looked like a reguler thing to me came on bikes did it for hour or so then left on bikes think there was yoga in there also

·
Registered
11,610 Posts
dub welder said:
i could be wrong but looked on a site and it looks simular but hay the one doing it so im probly wrong my go and speak to them if i see em looked like a reguler thing to me came on bikes did it for hour or so then left on bikes think there was yoga in there also
wasn't on a rooftop in Soho was it? :D

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
westy77 said:
mines now and again, i move funny and get asharp stabbing pain that stays for the rest of the day, sleep on my back and its gone in the morning.

not if you fall off it wont :incheek: :D
sounds like traped nurve,bad circulation,couch potatoe cramp
which could answer the other two yeh lazy work shy b.... :incheek:

isaid try a wall not go all the way up ha ha
ill let the misses av a go first see if its safe :incheek:

·
Registered
45,845 Posts
dub welder said:
sounds like traped nurve,bad circulation,couch potatoe cramp
which could answer the other two yeh lazy work shy b.... :incheek:
well, it feels like a trapped nerve, and i do have bad circulation, and i slouch, i take it no amount of pirates will help :)

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
westy77 said:
well, it feels like a trapped nerve, and i do have bad circulation, and i slouch, i take it no amount of pirates will help :)
pilates/ youve not mistaken this for a crisp thread have you :incheek:
dont fancy a cold to go with your nerve do yeh yeh can have free

1 - 20 of 23 Posts