Volkszone Forum banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

VZ Staff
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
It's the last day to vote! Thanks everyone
Did you win Greg?

We finished in first place 😄 We ended up way ahead. The voting went mental in the last couple of hours. There were only a few votes between second place and sixth place and whoever was running the voting system made a balls of it because it didn't close until 1am rather than midnight. The band in forth place at 12 ended up in sixth place...they have a screenshot of them at 12:04 in the top five. There's bound to be some sort of steward's inquiry going on...

VZ Staff
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Thank you all for the votes. Very much appreciated 馃槃

VZ Staff
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
We finished in first place 😄 We ended up way ahead. The voting went mental in the last couple of hours. There were only a few votes between second place and sixth place and whoever was running the voting system made a balls of it because it didn't close until 1am rather than midnight. The band in forth place at 12 ended up in sixth place...they have a screenshot of them at 12:04 in the top five. There's bound to be some sort of steward's inquiry going on...
The upshot of their balls up with the voting not closing on time is that they've allowed the top six bands through to the Battle of the Bands gig. It was the only fair thing to do for the band that finished in sixth due to no fault of their own...but it's not really fair on us as we'll be up against an additional band...
Anyway, it's tomorrow night. We get a twenty minute set. The running order was picked out of a hat - we're on second last. Judges on the night include Today FM's Gavin Blake, journalist Tony Clayton-Lea, and representatives from Vantastival and Firestone. It's tomorrow night! :eek:

Administrator
Anyway, it's tomorrow night. We get a twenty minute set. The running order was picked out of a hat - we're on second last. Judges on the night include Today FM's Gavin Blake, journalist Tony Clayton-Lea, and representatives from Vantastival and Firestone. It's tomorrow night! :eek:
How did it go Greg?

:D

VZ Staff
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
How did it go Greg?

We didn't win :( Spoke to a couple of the judges afterwards and they said they had us placed second...
It was a brilliant night. Was also speaking to one of the festival organisers who said that they hadn't finalised the running order for the stages yet but that, based on our performance, he's going to make sure that we're on fairly late on the Saturday (possibly headlining the Saturday night) on the second stage! :cool:

VZ Staff
Discussion Starter · #68 ·

VZ Staff
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Was also speaking to one of the festival organisers who said that they hadn't finalised the running order for the stages yet but that, based on our performance, he's going to make sure that we're on fairly late on the Saturday (possibly headlining the Saturday night) on the second stage! :cool:
We're headlining the Firestone stage on the Saturday night! :D :cool:

VZ Staff
Discussion Starter · #72 ·

Good luck mate. :)
I took a spill on Saturday night and thought I'd broken my thumb :eek: I got it X-rayed yesterday evening at A&E. Turns out it's just a bad sprain. I've got it in a support strap. I'll find out at practice tonight if I can play...

Administrator
I took a spill on Saturday night and thought I'd broken my thumb :eek: I got it X-rayed yesterday evening at A&E. Turns out it's just a bad sprain. I've got it in a support strap. I'll find out at practice tonight if I can play...
Ouch! :(

Hope it goes alright at practice mate.

:)

VZ Staff
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
I managed to get through practice...sore though!

Attachments

VZ Staff
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
We've a new single out now 😄

VZ Staff
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
I forgot to update this thread. Here's our second single -

Anyway, just before lockdown last year, we went into the studio to record our third single. There was some kind of glitch with my guitar track so they had to be redone and my wife also had to lay down some backing vocals. We did that today...15 months later!

Premium Member
Haha.... good stuff Greg, I thought my band were slow... we did an album back in 2012. I think all in all it was about 5 weekends in the studio. Took 18 months though trying to get 5 people organised... and we don't even have Covid to blame. Deffo going to check your music out after work
(y)

61 - 78 of 78 Posts