Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
26,802 Posts
yes but she/they(apart from KA) couldnt act with a gun to their fecking head.....what an awfull show......bad acting, eastern european lookin extras, the place looked like eastern europe, poor narative, anoying strongbow noises, what a wasted programme.......i would love to re edit the programme......just a few tweeks could make it work...loose the fast edits for no reason and add them to a few of the weaker performances :rolleyes: i personally think the programme would be more credible with less contemparary dialogue and more historical accuracy :( :(

·
Banned
6,339 Posts
BUDGET BUS said:
yes but she/they(apart from KA) couldnt act with a gun to their fecking head.....what an awfull show......bad acting, eastern european lookin extras, the place looked like eastern europe, poor narative, anoying strongbow noises, what a wasted programme.......i would love to re edit the programme......just a few tweeks could make it work...loose the fast edits for no reason and add them to a few of the weaker performances :rolleyes: i personally think the programme would be more credible with less contemparary dialogue and more historical accuracy :( :(
£8M down the shitter then.

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
BUDGET BUS said:
And who the hell thought it'd be a good idea to give an english folk legend a bloody eastern european bow?! as far as we know robin hood was not a Mongolian so why the hell did the beeb insist on replacing the english longbow?!?!?!?

Rant over, sorry traditional archery is a passion of mine! :crazy:

·
Registered
757 Posts
Me and my boys loved it!!! :D Nice excuse for a family hug on the sofa every Saturday night!!! :hug:

Jayne xx

·
Registered
26,802 Posts
ET said:
And who the hell thought it'd be a good idea to give an english folk legend a bloody eastern european bow?! as far as we know robin hood was not a Mongolian so why the hell did the beeb insist on replacing the english longbow?!?!?!?

Rant over, sorry traditional archery is a passion of mine! :crazy:
exactly.....plus the saracan sword...V's hand and half was laughable...the faux french style of sword play may have worked in 30's films but modern viewers are more decernable......he was swinging that sword like a fencing foil......i mean the broard sword is basicly a sharp crowbar :crazy: not a huge amount of finese in its use.....plus all those archers missing the pack on horseback....LOL....in reality they would have had a bow since they could walk.....and they all miss.....i know its only a tv show but these type of programmes really need historical intergrity :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
i was so very disapointed

i know everyone thinks they could do better, but in this case i dont think they could do any worse

there are so many problems with it but i'll state the biggest one's, why the fuck was it so bright ? and why, given that britain has fantastic countryside, wasnt it shot here ?

·
Registered
26,802 Posts
fast-dub said:
i was so very disapointed

i know everyone thinks they could do better, but in this case i dont think they could do any worse

there are so many problems with it but i'll state the biggest one's, why the fuck was it so bright ? and why, given that britain has fantastic countryside, wasnt it shot here ?
i think they went for the low frequency high contrast look for the action.....and no it wasent filmed here.....thats why it doesent look like england :(

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
BUDGET BUS said:
i think they went for the low frequency high contrast look for the action.....and no it wasent filmed here.....thats why it doesent look like england :(
i know it wasnt shot here i just wondered why

and the bleached film stock bollocks they tried just looked crap, if anything they should have let the mood/scene dictate the filter on the camera, or at least added the filters in pp

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
BUDGET BUS said:
i mean the broard sword is basicly a sharp crowbar :crazy: not a huge amount of finese in its use....
i know its only a tv show but these type of programmes really need historical intergrity :rolleyes:
Not entirely correct but your point is valid - I've done quite a lot of work trying to dispell some of this 'TV History' we seem to be getting fed. I've been involved with a couple of programmes which have been all but scripted, any science has been edited to suit :(

I still watched it mind (depsite my frequent protests) so what does that say! :crazy:

·
Registered
474 Posts
We all enjoyed it at our house, good family entertainment, TBH my boys didn't really care what shape his bow was and have no clue about acting skills, good or bad. If it was being made as a factual film or documentry, fair enough, but it was saturday evening telly... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
18,764 Posts
my brother thinks it's good, but then he didn't watch it :rolleyes:

when i said it was shit, he said that i havn't got a clue

if it could have been on later and the wench at the beginning had have got her bits out, it'd have made me maybe want to watch it next week

other wise i'll be saving electricity and turning the tv off

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
BUDGET BUS said:
i agree...but will probably watch next week any way

the worst bit was the completely unsubtle use of a trowl for rhe make up on the buxum blond :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
BUDGET BUS said:
Jonas Armstrong (plays Robin Hood) was in the year below me at senior school - very talented lad, and well liked.

I didn't like Robin Hood though, turned it off after 20 minutes. :(

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Calm down - it's only saturday night family viewing. It's not dumbing-down but all-encompassing light entertainment. Far better than X-factor and the Ant & Dec munchkins. I understand they originally had Sir Locksley returning from the Holy Land on an early K'saki jet ski but editted it out as they couldn't find the correct production colours for the period...

You must have really hated A Knight's Tale ;)

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
cubist said:
Calm down - it's only saturday night family viewing. It's not dumbing-down but all-encompassing light entertainment. Far better than X-factor and the Ant & Dec munchkins. I understand they originally had Sir Locksley returning from the Holy Land on an Kawasaki jet ski but editted it out as they couldn't find the correct production colours for the period...

lol!

the eye candy helped the knights tale :D

·
Registered
20,431 Posts
cubist said:
Calm down - it's only saturday night family viewing. It's not dumbing-down but all-encompassing light entertainment. Far better than X-factor and the Ant & Dec munchkins. I understand they originally had Sir Locksley returning from the Holy Land on an early K'saki jet ski but editted it out as they couldn't find the correct production colours for the period...

Well said that man!

As for this stuff about longbows and broad swords - firstly when was the myth of R Hood supposed to have taken place and would he have run around a dense forrest using such large and unweildy weapons which were designed for almost staged fighting?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts