Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 inch narrowed adjustable beam with cb dropped spindles.

the height i have set is good. however the only bit thats occasionally a bugger is the bottom adjuster bolt.

Would the ride be crap if i reverted to stock spindles so that the adjuster bolt is up and outa the way?

·
Registered
15,060 Posts
If you just switch the spindles then the ride will be the same. If you swap them and then lower it on the adjusters then the ride will worsen. If you run low enough to regularly hit the adjuster bolt, then the same height without dropped spindles will make you bottom out on the balljoints regularly.

Is your bottom bolt currently sticking out a lot? If you don't need much more upward adjustment, then you could shorten the bolt from the top end.

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it only scrapes on bad potholes /bumps etc

but when i lower it more the position of it raises and it doesnt stick out so much but then its too low.

So if i take the spindles off the nut position will move up quicker, allowing me to technically be lower with less scrapeage.

The track will also be lessened making my wheels tuck in more?

·
Registered
15,060 Posts
The adjuster should be sticking out more, the more you lower it.

If you take the spindles off, then you'll need to lower the adjuster more to compensate which will make the clearance worse. Unless you take the screw out completely, but that depends how low you want to go and what angle the adjusters are in at.

Track will be lessend very slightly without the spindles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts