Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Seasoned Chat Slut
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,if i just fit dropped spindles to the front of my bug and no lowered beam,will it look lowered!i have seen bugs with dropped spindles but they have also had adjusters,anyone any idea?i dont really like the ride quality with adjusters(getting old!)Any pics anyone?
Thanks

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
12,573 Posts
Dropped spindles do lower your car. Usually they are 3.5 inch drops, but some are only 2.5 inch drop.

People use them in conjunction with beam adjusters to get lower.

Spindles are good as they keep the suspension geometry the same - theres no change in the ride quality (which there is if you slam a car on beam adjusters).
They just raise the wheels a couple of inches up into the arches without stiffening the suspension.

·
Registered
8,832 Posts
They also keep the shocks at the right length, so you don't have to swap out for short ones. Drop spindles are more expensive than adjusters but give a much better method of lowering. The do increase the track by about a half inch per side though. So if you are running fat rubber you may get some binding.

Al

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
12,573 Posts
Tomarse said:
Usually 2.5 inches for a bug and 3.5 for a bus I think.
Splittys are 3.5 inch drop and bays are usually 2.5 inch drop. I just fitted some to my bus.

Their pretty damn good as well..

·
Registered
11,621 Posts
There arae some available which don't increase the track....which is good. i have set on order which I hope to use on my Ghia (which with the widened track spindles would cause inteference.)

·
Registered
6,841 Posts
Search chat/disccusion forum for 'Best wishes to Javabob' thread.
Theres a pic of my 69 running CB spindles & smart car rear tyres.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts