Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just rebuilt my carbs and put them back on my van, but the linkage is fouling on the choke casing on the righ hand carb. I can't see how to stop this as the main bar doesn't look adjustable... :confused:

Have I lost something that fits in the left end of the bar to push it to the right a bit - there is a sprung insert in the right hand end that pushes the bar over to the left, but it looks like I need the bar to go further right to stop the linkage fouling?
Thanks for any help.

Right hand carb: -

Left hand carb: -

·
Registered
907 Posts
I have had the same problem. It can cause the throttle to stick open! A bit scary when driving!!!

I just ended up taking off some material from the choke and the linkage itself. At the moment it misses by a nats whisker, but it would be nice to find a proper solution.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I may come up with some way round this, but it was ok before I took the carbs off - something must have changed, but I've not adjusted any of the linkages, so just don't understand it at the moment!

·
Registered
907 Posts
I found some pictures in my photobucket...They may help.
I remember having to bend my brackets to help gain some clearence. I also put a thicker washer between the back of the bracket and carb, so that the whole linkage stood further forward.
I cant quite remember what mine was like befor i took the carbs off, as i drove it home and began to pull it apart.
Its not pretty but it works.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's great, thanks (oops, just realised how huge my pics are!!)
Looks the same as mine at the ends of the main rod, nothing missing then. Think I'll have to do the same then with some spacers.
Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts