Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tell you what, might be needing a new clutch after all those bleeding hills on our house hunt :eek: never new that "hill start" thing the driving instructor was on about all those years ago would be so handy ;)

·
Registered
909 Posts
peelo said:
we go down there to use my in-laws flat in Bexhill when they're abroad and you're right it is wall to wall VWs in Hastings...

they've got a thriving water cooled club

wtf do you want to move there for though... it's a shit hole

no offence to anyone who lives there... never met anyone from there who doesn't agree... one of the few UK towns which is so economicaly deprived it gets money from the EU and one of the highest murder and violent crime rates in the UK... when my in-laws had a house in Hastings it was broken into three times... my car was done over and had the speakers etc stolen from it (and my car used to get parked all round London including Queens Park)
Well I think your right people who live in Hastings do talk the town down but thats coz most of them them have never lived anywhere else, and others just follow their lead like sheep and donít know what its like else where! I there is a fight in the town centre it front page news in the local observer.

For me i moved here with my family in 1986 and lived here since and loved every min, I have lived all in Peckham Norbury Croydon went to uni in Cardiff and Brighton and i still work in central London so i have seen a lot of areas and have to say life in Hastings is great compared to anywhere else. The one thing I remember from moving here is that i did not see a copper for 3 weeks living in croydon i would get stopped daily. As I say we have lived here since 1986 (me mum and dad and brother and never had any trouble never had anything broken in to or stolen and to add to that the mrs's family moved here as well from Kingston and have had the same experience as us. So its all good to us I love it the people the life style the speed of life.

Donít get me wrong no one lives in the perfect town (unless you live in utopia) and you would be stupid too think there are no low life in any town but I think there are a whole lot worse places to be! You can go anywhere and have a bad experience and that unfortunately that will taint you against that place and will blinker you to the beauty of a place, You only see what you want too..............

But everyone is entitled to their opinion and thatís what makes this country great.
:hangloose

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Well I got lucky.
I got out of there.
I hate the bloody place.
Was there from the age of 7 and always hated it.
I go there maybe 2 times a year and always glad to shake the dust from my shoes.

However,there does seem to be a lot of VWs down there and I did enjoy my big walk over the East Hill this summer.

If anyone saw or remembers the play on BBC 1 called "When I was 12" then you,ll understand why I hate Hastings.

RALPH.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
peelo said:
wtf do you want to move there for though... it's a shit hole
It's The Only Place this part of the country that we can afford to buy a house :rolleyes: Sick to the hind teeth of renting, and being screwed over by greedy landlords, dont have time for the court cases nowadays, so buy we must!

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
Nearly every time I went down to Hastings I used to see a camper called Daisy (I think)...all painted up like a brown and white freesian cow, along with lots of bugs :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts