Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working for a coach firm in Kettering at the moment and one big contract we have is moving 6th formers between various schools during the day. Anyways a couple of weks back on the lunchtime run 2 lads of about 17ish get on and sit behind me on the front seats, lets call them A & B to make it easier.

The conversation goes like this:

A: Got me driving test next week, if I pass I'm going to go looking for a car in the half term hols.

B: Cool, I'm getting a motorbike. My old man does a bit of business in France so we're going over in one of his works vans and buying one from over there, dad reckons they're a lot cheaper.

A: Yeah, I bet they are, but........................................................................................................................Wouldn't they be left hand drive??

Laugh? I nearly veered off into a tree!!! :lol: :lol:

This clearly beats the 14 yr old girl a couple of years back on a local bus who asked her mate if Franz Fredinand was the lead singer of said band!!

·
Punk, I was born ready
1,501 Posts
hahah, thats a good one.

My beetle is left hand drive, and in a moment of pure blondness my girlfriend asked me
'doesn't that mean you have to drive on the other side of the road?'

To say the least, i may have almost died laughing.
On the downside i didn't get any that night cos i may have laughed a little too hard.

Benny, :hangloose

·
Registered
4,553 Posts
:lol::lol::lol: I actually did laught out loud all alone in my room

Dan

·
Registered
358 Posts
BennyCattrall said:
hahah, thats a good one.

My beetle is left hand drive, and in a moment of pure blondness my girlfriend asked me

my bus is left hand drive and when i got it one of the apprentices at work asked me if it was weird pressing the accelerator pedal with my left foot :lol:

·
Registered
12,492 Posts
BennyCattrall said:
hahah, thats a good one.

To say the least, i may have almost died laughing.
On the downside i didn't get any that night cos i may have laughed a little too hard.

oh dear...everyone in the office is lloking at me strangely now....:lol: :lol: dude, that just made my day...thanks

·
Registered
11,045 Posts
:lol:

And this boy expects to pass his driving test???

·
Registered
21,202 Posts
alxx_b said:
And this boy expects to pass his driving test???
A couple of years back I was working for a web advertising firm and in the office was a 17 year old lad whom I referred to as "80's boy" (he wore red braces and carried a fileofax - he really didn't understand what I was getting at!)
Anyway, 80's boy reckoned his first car was going to be a Subaru Impretza when he passes his driving test. Again he couldn't understand why this was so funny.... :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts