Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right the story goes!!!!!
i bought a renault 25 for the leather seats and i scrapped it last march!! i sent off the v5!! i moved house at the end of march and thought that was that!!!!!
Wrong the old house mate bumped into me before xmas and gave me a load of post that was still going to my old address in it was a letter from the dvla fining me for being out of sorn and another letter threatening legal action if i didnt pay the fine!!! anyway i wrote a letter off explaining the situation thinking thats it!!!
Wrong again!! got a letter this morning saying thankyou for the letter please pay us the fine by the 23 jan!!!!:mad:
(didnt even say anything about the vehicle being scrapped and what needs to be done!!! ill be buggered if im paying the fine and paying for a new v5 only to send it back)
so im pretty pissed at this!!!!

what do i say!! im not pulling a fast one im just a victim of circumstance (and either the bloody royal mail or the dvla losing the letter)

·
Registered
25,881 Posts
i think nowadays i would send my docs back to DVLA on a signed for service. i guess its worth the £3 or so to make sure they get it ok.

my friend sent off her part to say she sold her bluebird, then got fined for not taxing it as they never got her part of the docs. she still had to pay the fine.

·
Registered
18,580 Posts
Dude, give them a call - I had a similar issue with a failure to notify disposal of the vehicle as the paperwork went AWOL in the post - they were reasonable throughout and a quick phone call followed by filling in a form and matter closed - very nice bunch of chaps I thought :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.