Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
20,431 Posts
Sort of agree Darren, I like the larger wheel cut outs at the rear to make the back look a little less girly. But like you they, do little for me, and having driven nearly all derivatives I don't like them on the road either.

They need serious modification before they become chuckable and they very tyre choice dependant.

·
Registered
20,431 Posts
Just realised, they didnt do a coupe bodied lightweight? or did they?

Still cool as though.... :)
All factory are coupes - with a strange nose shape and a different curvature to the.

There were a lot of lightenned cars produced with aluminium punts which were roadsters, which were produced for private teams. It is these you probabaly thought of, and most are now recreations.
Look for little winglets behind teh front wheel opennings for any 'lightweighiness'

Hell - I sound like a geek

·
Holy Calamity
67,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
you'd be too tall i reckon boss :(
I'm too skint too, and too tubby :lol:

Sort of agree Darren, I like teh larger wheel cut outs at the rear to make the bacl look a little less girly. But like you they do little for me, and having driven nearly all derivatives I don't like them on the road either.

They need serious modification befor ethey become chuckable and they very tyre choice dependant.
It's the looks for me as much as anything, I've never really gotten why people love them so much. Commer van narrow-track-of-fail, upright windscreen, titchy cabin... Give me an Aston DBS any day, or a Jensen Interceptor :D

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
26,311 Posts
I'm too skint too, and too tubby :lol:

It's the looks for me as much as anything, I've never really gotten why people love them so much. Commer van narrow-track-of-fail, upright windscreen, titchy cabin... Give me an Aston DBS any day, or a Jensen Interceptor :D
Now yer talking:D
E Types just dont flick my switches.
Commer Vans tho
BTW Ive just bought one for Restoration Off E Bay:D
Shame its a Toy one:lol:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.