Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't help over-hearing a meeting in the office next door. Partly because the two tossers holding it have the door wide open. It will be shut soon, I can promise you ;)

Why do people have to talk business bollocks all the time. All I can hear is:

"how do we engineer these business changes?"
"these are the players involved in this strand of the strategy"
"this will trigger some work on..."
"so, drawing this as a logical sequence then..."

I know what all this means, but why the fuck do these two twats feel the need to impress each other by the size of their business vocabularly? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:lol: They're also inept at lowering the volume.

And still they spout on. Actually, one of them is having trouble keeping up with the other. He's asking for clarification - but in a way that disguises his confusion :crazy:

·
Registered
107 Posts
i expect they think they are more important thatn theybactually are and are trying to justify it with 'wanker speak' :)

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FeO2 said:
i expect they think they are more important thatn theybactually are and are trying to justify it with 'wanker speak' :)
I think you're right. They're not actually moving ahead with anything - just going round in circles. One of them is now getting a bit frustated as he's speaking over the other one

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
wagvr6 said:
I am so happy i live in rural lincolnshire and safe in the knowledge that if any one spoke like that round here they would be asked to leave the county or forever be regarded as a nob,
I'm just down the road, infact at the moment I'm RIGHT on the border, (Stretton)

And some of the business meetings I attend for work have an awful lot of that speak, so don't think it's not "working its way in" so to speak

·
snide twat
39,982 Posts
I have at least one meeting a month like that :) Full of nonsense words and "use twenty words when three would do" sentences.

'caveat' seems to be the word of the month at the moment, strange when the words 'issue' or even the oldschool 'problem' already exist :)

·
Registered
21,158 Posts
invalidusername said:
I can't help over-hearing a meeting in the office next door. Partly because the two tossers holding it have the door wide open. It will be shut soon, I can promise you ;)

Why do people have to talk business bollocks all the time. All I can hear is:

"how do we engineer these business changes?"
"these are the players involved in this strand of the strategy"
"this will trigger some work on..."
"so, drawing this as a logical sequence then..."

I know what all this means, but why the fuck do these two twats feel the need to impress each other by the size of their business vocabularly? :rolleyes:
because they're KNOBS :D

I think, while the door is open, you should hide behind your screen and shout KNOB as loud as you can :lol:

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I got none a that shit today. I've thrown a sicky.

Yeh yeh yeh!!!

Dare you to do the shouting 'knob' thing. Worked a treat for Dick & Dom.

·
Registered
723 Posts
God I loathe that...used to work in the Aerospace industry....full of meetings about 'imagineering' and the like...now work in the creative industries / education. If you even begin to utter a sentence with any buzzwords in our office you get eaten alive by piss-taking laughter and ridicule...much, much nicer working environment

:)

·
I'm not an addict... honest!
3,584 Posts
Why don't you go into the office, grab the door handle and say, "there are some of us out here actually doing some work rather than talking a pile of bollocks about how to do the work and you lot are disturbing us"

then shut the door and walk away.....................

1 - 14 of 14 Posts