Volkszone Forum banner

Ear-wigging a meeting. WTF?

728 views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  baileybug 
#1 ·
I can't help over-hearing a meeting in the office next door. Partly because the two tossers holding it have the door wide open. It will be shut soon, I can promise you ;)

Why do people have to talk business bollocks all the time. All I can hear is:

"how do we engineer these business changes?"
"these are the players involved in this strand of the strategy"
"this will trigger some work on..."
"so, drawing this as a logical sequence then..."

I know what all this means, but why the fuck do these two twats feel the need to impress each other by the size of their business vocabularly? :rolleyes:

#8 ·
wagvr6 said:
I am so happy i live in rural lincolnshire and safe in the knowledge that if any one spoke like that round here they would be asked to leave the county or forever be regarded as a nob,
I'm just down the road, infact at the moment I'm RIGHT on the border, (Stretton)

And some of the business meetings I attend for work have an awful lot of that speak, so don't think it's not "working its way in" so to speak

#9 ·
I have at least one meeting a month like that :) Full of nonsense words and "use twenty words when three would do" sentences.

'caveat' seems to be the word of the month at the moment, strange when the words 'issue' or even the oldschool 'problem' already exist :)

#10 ·
invalidusername said:
I can't help over-hearing a meeting in the office next door. Partly because the two tossers holding it have the door wide open. It will be shut soon, I can promise you ;)

Why do people have to talk business bollocks all the time. All I can hear is:

"how do we engineer these business changes?"
"these are the players involved in this strand of the strategy"
"this will trigger some work on..."
"so, drawing this as a logical sequence then..."

I know what all this means, but why the fuck do these two twats feel the need to impress each other by the size of their business vocabularly? :rolleyes:
because they're KNOBS :D

I think, while the door is open, you should hide behind your screen and shout KNOB as loud as you can :lol:

#13 ·
God I loathe that...used to work in the Aerospace industry....full of meetings about 'imagineering' and the like...now work in the creative industries / education. If you even begin to utter a sentence with any buzzwords in our office you get eaten alive by piss-taking laughter and ridicule...much, much nicer working environment

:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.