Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was watching a 66 beetle on ebay made a couple of very lowe bids and then wasn't able to watch the auction. I noticed the auction ended without meeting the reserve. Then I recieve an email offering a second chance offer for my highest bid (well below what the reserve was). The sender asked for my username, and postal adress so that they could make official offer through ebay.
Have I hit an absoloute bargain or does this sound like I'm about to be ripped off?
Advice from more frequent ebayers much apreciated.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
You definately don't get asked for that info with a second chance offer so don't touch it with a barge pole.

Edit - if you pur your cursor over the link in the email, you'll be able to see that its a peculiar looking URL, not a proper ebay URL. You can forward the email to ebay aswell because they have a special department for scams like that.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
definately trying to remove your under garments and shaft away happily.

DONT even answer the email (bet you have anyway). If you wanna use the second chance offer as a seller, all they gotta do is hit the Sec cha offr button and ebay do the rest anyway. Never give your details.. usname/ psswrd etc. Just forward it to [email protected] co.uk

They'll sort 'em out.

You will end up losing out if you play it their way.

Just leave it... there's always anuva one. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
Easy way to tell if it or anything else is a scam
Go to My Ebay, if it's not a scam it'll be in My Messages :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
It's a scam. Like rojjie says log in to your ebay account - not via the email! and check in My eBay, the offer message will be there if its real. :D

I used to trade a lot on ebay and got between 5-10 of these emails and other ebay scams every week!

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
there was a warning about this in one of the magazines, they get the deposit then you never hear from them again.

stay well clear

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Rabidbaby said:
It's a scam. Like rojjie says log in to your ebay account - not via the email! and check in My eBay, the offer message will be there if its real. :D

I used to trade a lot on ebay and got between 5-10 of these emails and other ebay scams every week!
DONT DO IT!!!

LISTEN TO RABIDBABY!!!! :crazy:

I FELL FOR THIS SECOND OFFER MARLARKY AND HAD MY ACCOUNT HACKED SOON AFTER!!! LOST OVER £500!!!!! PLUS MY YAHOO ACCOUNT WAS HACKED!!!!!!!!!!

·
snide twat
39,983 Posts
SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM

·
Registered
564 Posts
i had a similar experience

I've just had the same thing with a 62 splitty, i offered £1500 under the reserve the auction ended with several bids above mine with the final figure at £6200, then three days later i get an email from a guy who offeres me second chance on the bus at my low offer well under the reserve ? played him along a bit, he says he's in las vegas and his wife will ship bus at no additional cost! So i asked to view bus if its in England and also told him i had a friend who would be in California this weekend who would look for me, He comes back and tells me bus cant be viewed at the minit but to send all my details to start transaction, so i told him i thought it was a scam and to get Ebay to contact me, And they did !!!!! WOTS THAT ALL ABOUT ??????????? THESE PEOPLE WILL TRY ANYTHING

·
Registered
420 Posts
i bought a bus off ebay last week collected it got it home and was still being sent second chance offers....eh i've got the bus ya fannys :bandit:

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thankyou for your infinite wisdom, it all seemed to good to be true and it was. I'll forward on to ebay and hope that's the end of it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts