Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, have a van on ebay at the moment (im not giving the listing number as i did that here yesterday and it got moved to for sale)

im getting questions and bids from people with little or no feedback and the highest bidder at the moment has only just registered on ebay.

do you accept that people have to start somewhere or are they taking the p1ss and after it ends some sort of scam will pop up?

just wondering what others would do.

cheers leigh

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
I normally ask people with less that 5 feedback or a few negatives to message me before they bid. So i can tell(ish) if theyre genuine.

If they dont message me, they obviously havent read the listing properly and i remove their bid.
Especially with expensive stuff, cos its you that has to fork out the fees to ebay.

·
Registered
10,484 Posts
My Ebay sales always have a line saying that I reserve the right to cancel bids from people with feedback of less than 5, unless they call me (mob no in ad) to clear in advance. It's worked so far.

You could send them a mail through Ebay asking them to call you to confirm. It is possible that people have not bought on Ebay before, and have the money to afford your van.

·
Registered
10,286 Posts
I've only bought a couple of things thru ebay, I contact the seller explaining that I have no feedback before I bid.... this prolly doesn't help you in any way whatsoever :coffeecup

Cheers btw, I've just remembered to leave feedback for the tax disc holder i bought :lol:

·
Registered
431 Posts
You still could end up with a new bidder 5 second from the end of auction....Who probably does`nt know the score and come and have a luck and offer you £500 less...

I do the same as Artist and if they do bid I remove them and place them nicely in my blocked bidders preferance....

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cheers guys, ill contact the ones with under 5 feedback for a number to see if they are serious or not.
but as artist says they may have not used ebay and have the money. or they may not.

or like dandaz says i could get a under 5 feedback bid at the last minute.

why is there so many options. :rolleyes: when i want to buy something i call the seller (from the number in their ad) go see it and if i like it i buy it. simple. but when i want to sell its harder. why?

leigh.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts