Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've been thinking about fitting an Eberspacher heater to my van, but know very little about them, so have a few questions:

Which model Eberspacher heater is most suted to a Bay?

Where do you fit it? Does it use the original hot air ducting in the van?

Is it reletively easy to fit or does it require lots of cutting & welding?

Can you switch it on/off whilst driving along?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Hi,

I've been thinking about fitting an Eberspacher heater to my van, but know very little about them, so have a few questions:

Which model Eberspacher heater is most suted to a Bay?

Where do you fit it? Does it use the original hot air ducting in the van?

Is it reletively easy to fit or does it require lots of cutting & welding?

Can you switch it on/off whilst driving along?

Thanks
as an option you could get a bn2 (if i remeber correctly) that goes in the engine bay of an early bay , and later you could get a BN4 (which is larger and fits under the bus) both had diffrent pipes into the bus. and its probably best to go have a look at a few at the shows next year (westys often had them) one thing to note is the b part of the name is for benzine (petrol) the ones begining with D are diezel (diesel) ones that are a little more common but normally 24v for the truckers

Hope that helps

·
Registered
230 Posts
The BN2 was used in beetles & splits i think. I have a BN4 (early bay fit) which was originally mounted on the LHS of the engine bay and heat duct goes alongside the fuel tank and comes out under the rear seat.
Later bays had the BA6 which is fitted under the belly pans and is I think connected into the stock ducting.
Later eberspacher heaters B1/2/3L are generally retro-fitted inside the van (under the rear seat for example ) and ducting comes out under the rear seat although I guess with a bit of fiddling with the stock ducting you could get it to work.

·
Registered
719 Posts
The BN4 was fitted to the split vans in the engine compartment the same as bays, although you can fit them under the rear seats if required. The BN2 was used for beetles type 3's and ghias.

·
Registered
12,402 Posts
The B1L is about the size of a shoe box and can be fitted in the bottom of a cupboard.

BN4 fits in the engine compartment next to the left hand side battery tray and usually ducts the heat through vents under the back seat.

BA6 replaces the main heating tube under the van and links into main heating.

Have a look here http://www.type2.com/library/heating.htm#3 for some info on heaters.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.