Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a call from Himself, he was flying along and eleventythwelvethousand feet (or whatever, very high up nonetheless) and 'pop' went something in the hydraulic bit of the engine and they realised that they couldn't make the wheels on one side to come down again :eek:

They managed to emergency land at Manchester (not where the passengers who were on their way to Newquay really wanted to go) and he's sat on the tarmac with hydraulic fluid pissing out from the plane everywhere :(

My God I don't know how I'm going to cope with the stress of worrying about him in those big metal flying thingies every day! I know they are safer than driving a car blah blah blah but still, it can't be natural! :p

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
He He! Don't worry their are plenty of backups to make sure the undercarraige works.

I'm getting ready to fly out to Bangor, Maine, with a new engine and a hydraulic jack for one of our planes.

One of the engines decided it had enough of life and commited suicide by throwing itself all over the place. I think the jack went in simpathy and spread all its hyd oil over the USA.

I'll be fixing these over the next few days.

Dave

·
Registered
11,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jb007 said:
flying to california in morning... not what i wanted to read
scared of flying already!
:lol: Soz!

Don't worry though, them pilot fellas are very clever and will look after you well. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts