Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have set of 3 empi 8's. I'm pretty sure they come from MWS as they have a KN stamp. They are 5.5Jx15 et15 130 pcd.

How do these wheels differ visually from different manufactures? Would I be able to see the difference from a couple of metres (sober)?

I'm looking for a 4th wheel but I can't quite justify spending 80+ quid on a new MWS wheel when I can pick up and odd 1 or 2 (used) for much less if I'm a little less fussy.

thanks, Stuart

·
Registered
10,721 Posts
im not sure if its the same with 8's but on the 5's AEagle ones have different castings on the back of the wheels.mate tried to fit a set to his early bay(AE) from MWS but wouldnt go on The 'Cone' bit of the wheels were not wide enough to go on his hubs.The wheel sat about 15mm away from the drums.These were the wide 5 ones that were sold to fit splits and bays :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Yea, normally the main difference is the off sets. MWS are quite pricey though, mine are originally American EMPI replicas, well three of them, one is "other" but it isn't noticable on the car. There you go, my inane dribble for free...

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, offset will need to be the same unless I get a pair so I can use 1 of the 3 as a spare and spilt the 4 other wheels between front and rear axle. As long as they look 95% the same I'm not too bothered.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts