Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone put a set of Empi buckets (like the ones Bernie sells) in a bay?

Not the low beetle ones but the higher ones that are meant for buggies etc?

Like this (picture from Bernard Newbury website)...

·
Registered
917 Posts
Can you get seat subframes that are a direct fitment or do you have to bodge a set up.
I've got a Cobra Bucket seat (complete with subframe, runners) in the garage that i used to have in my mini, would love to fit it into the bay

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Excellent, so...happy with them?

What are those, custom?
Can you get seat subframes that are a direct fitment or do you have to bodge a set up.
I've got a Cobra Bucket seat (complete with subframe, runners) in the garage that i used to have in my mini, would love to fit it into the bay
they came with a universal subframe,i had to fit strips of steel across the tubs for them to bolt to,they're too narrow otherwise.

·
Registered
15,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, I'm nearly sold on the idea. Will get in touch with Bernie tomorrow and see if he can knock me up a set. I want mine for racing mainly, but don't want to put some cheesy sparcos or something in there.

·
Registered
8,719 Posts

i'm 6' 3" and a badly proportioned 15 stone - did west yorkshire to newquay in em 2 years ago no problem whatsoever. ive got mine bolted to the floor via 2 5mm steel plates

·
Registered
15,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

i'm 6' 3" and a badly proportioned 15 stone - did west yorkshire to newquay in em 2 years ago no problem whatsoever. ive got mine bolted to the floor via 2 5mm steel plates
Thanks Adi. They look perfect!! Are those from Bernie? I know he's got two sizes and I thought the T2 ones would be a bit higher in the back?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts