Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all looking a sets of daily tein chock carbs. I know the weber and dell's have been around for ever mainly because they work but they are expensive but what about the younger carbs like empi and fajs ones. Basically are empi and fajs twin choke carbs any good

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
8,422 Posts
I've got some FJAS ones at the workshop, and a spare set too. They're fine if I'm honest, I mean they need taking apart, cleaning up and setting up, but they work alright.

·
Registered
4,375 Posts
I had an empi carb once for about a year before it started playing up and then finally stopped working. Never again, junk.
WHS^^^

I fitted a pair to a T4 engine and body porosity resulted a jet of fuel right across the engine bay from the accelerator pump circuit...

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
I've had a set of dellortos, which were rebuilt when my engine was built in 2012, since then I have done absolutely nothing to them other than occasionally spraying them lightly in WD40 on the outside to prevent corrosion and have no issues, i've probably put 15,000 miles on them, sometimes the engine will sit for 6 months over winter and start straight back up in spring.
At around £350 to buy them used on ebay and another £150 to have them vaqua blasted and any parts needed from euro carb on rebuilding them they've proved to be a really solid investment...

Chris.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts