Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have a stock 1200 beetle and I cannot for the life of me figure out why this happens
It seems to be when the engine warms up the engine looses power to the point it just doesn’t go anywhere after 3/4 mins or so.
Just cleaned out the carb and about to tune it back up but I’m not convinced it will make any difference. Before it looses all the power it starts backfiring if that helps. Any ideas what it might be?

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Could be a borderline coil or condenser.

·
Premium Member
9,104 Posts
/\ /\ WHS /\ /\
I've had Condensors begin to break-down when they get hot.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
/\ /\ WHS /\ /\
I've had Condensors begin to break-down when they get hot.
Sneaky little buggers aren't they - tempting to carry a spare, but then nobody carries an Ignitor in case their points fail either!

·
Premium Member
9,104 Posts
Sneaky little buggers aren't they - tempting to carry a spare, but then nobody carries an Ignitor in case their points fail either!
Yup, very sneaky. I mess about with Scooters and Mopeds with condensors mounted inside Flywheel / Magneto, worst place for them, (for heat and ease of access), when they begin to break down, the symptoms point to fuel problem, (because when testing after engine has cooled, you still get a nice spark). Mounting a Scooter or moped condensor externally keeps them cool, they last much longer, and easy to replace.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I had the same problem but had electronic ignition so not condenser
Was carb .. i fitting two that i thought were good had all new rebuild kits fitted but after a while same happens
Got a new brosol 34 pict BINGO ran perfect

·
Wannabe Chat Slut
1,208 Posts
As said, my first thought was also coil.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts