Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi

Just got my 1971 1300 bug back from the garage after having the exhaust changed but had a few probs.

The engine has been changed at sum point and a 1200 engine has been put in as the exhaust the guy orded was too big.

I have now looked at the engine but i cannot see an engine number, where the number should be it is just blank there is what looks like the top part of number D, but notthing else.

Am i looking in the correct place for the number???

And i also want to tell my insurance that it is 1200 not 1300 as it will save me some money, and change the info about the engine on the V5.

is this a good idea?? how should i go about it???
cheers

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Clarkson46 said:
The engine number should be just below the dynamo stand. If there is no number there then you probably have a rebuilt engine on a new case which has no number. If the is a number then look at this link it will give you a clue to what your engine potentially is.

http://www.partsemporium.co.uk/Engine Codes.htm
cheers
i had another look and still cant see an engine number
If i update the V5 logbook can i just change the cc of the engine and not give a new engine number??

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so will i be able to change the engine details on the V5 logbook even though i dont have an engine number??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts