Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be removing the gearbox and reduction boxes from my 1966 ex swiss army splitscreen radio bus. To do a straight axle conversion.
according to the data i have on this bus and the stamped plaques on the dash it has a rare 1500 box with a limited slip diff. This box has only down 80,000 KLMs thats less than 50,000 miles from new 44 years ago.
I am now putting it up for sale.
it comes with drive shafts, tubes and reduction boxes but without the nose cone as i need it for my conversion.
The condition is very good and selects all gears with ease. one of the reduction boxes is extreamly noisy, but you would probably not use them anyway. gearbox oil drained and renewed last year and cv boot replaced on one side.
I dont know how much to sell this for as the only other one ive ever heard about forsale sold for nearly £900 .
So i have decided to take offers for it.
All im looking to pay for is the newly aquired 1600 box and the straight axle conversion kit. so make me an offer. The box is still in the bus at the mo and you are welcome to come and test it be for i take it out.
Cheers for your interest Si :)

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I forgot to mention that the internal dimensions of the bell housing have been enlarged to accommidate a 200mm 12v flywheel. :)
Not a fun job to have to do yourself. mag dust burns very hot and green when it catches. :crazy:

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got most of the bits cheaper than i first thought so the Box now has a starting price tag of £600 or best offer for this very rare item.
Its still in the bus but will bbe removed in two weeks time. I can take it to volksworld show.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Ok then lets start with best offers. Someone must want this gearbox. It will be removed from my bus week starting the 2nd of Feb. So really last chance to hear it running . The code on the box is H with a s at the end of the numbers to show its ltd slip.Buy changing the nose cone to a beetle type and changing the drive shafts it would be ready to go into a Drag beetle. ;) My mob is 07827159694. Cheers Si

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.