Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our family is slowly expanding. We only have a rock and roll bed for me & the hubby. Stupidly when we refurbished our t2 78 van about 10 yrs ago we sold our original roof bunks.
Does anyone know of any where I could get new bunks or a roof bed made?
I've seen that just campers do a cab bunk bed but I think more kids could be on the cards so would like to future proof the van and get either x2 roof bunks or a bed in the pop top.
We have not long had our pop top canvas replaced so I don't want to pay for a whole new roof&bed.
Does anyone know of any companies that could help.
The original company that did our refurb doesn't do roof beds or bunks
Many thanks in advance

·
Registered
4,685 Posts
What roof do you have? I recall the devon moonrakers I had had a fairly simple roof bed arrangement and I reckon it wouldn't be too hard to copy. Each bunk was a steel pole, 2 hooky things front and back, a folding arrangement at each end, and a canvas flap that you poppered up to hold it in place when not in use. If I made my own I'd probably not even bother with the folding bits.

No-one ever slept in mine though. They were just shelves to store stuff on when the bed was pulled out. I'm not sure how well they'd hold up compared to modern standards for campervan beds.

·
Registered
6 Posts
with more bodies, you're going to need more space as well. if your looking to future-proof yourself this time round consider adding a drive-away awning. Trust me these little people have a terrible habit of growing up fast and then they want all the toys with them and that requires space :)

·
VZ Staff
24,144 Posts
A cab hammock thing will let you away in the short term. When our two were young, they both slept in it top-to-tail. I couldn't advise about roof bunks/beds. What kind of poptop have you? That comment ^^^ about an awning is a good call. Ours are now at the age that they need their own space so they have a tent each!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts