Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been having loads of crap in my current job (NHS) just been sent home as I have a trapped nerve in my back and its friggin painfull....my main boss has given me a real hard time over it even though ocky health say Im not fit for work. and I did offer to work on and do light duties.
but its not just that..I work with a complete lazy buch of tw*ts..I cant stick it anymore...I need to get out as soon as poss, so was thinking of just going for a new toys-r-us "flagship" store opening near me soon..it would have to be on sales though as all the senior jobs have gone...but at least i would be out of the NHS (no hope system) when i go back to work I have to go for a little chat about my sick time even though it was all down to the death of my father. F**cking managers...aint got a clue how to run departments.
rant over :mad:

·
Registered
12,325 Posts
negative pitch said:
I have been having loads of crap in my current job (NHS) just been sent home as I have a trapped nerve in my back and its friggin painfull....my main boss has given me a real hard time over it even though ocky health say Im not fit for work. and I did offer to work on and do light duties.
but its not just that..I work with a complete lazy buch of tw*ts..I cant stick it anymore...I need to get out as soon as poss, so was thinking of just going for a new toys-r-us "flagship" store opening near me soon..it would have to be on sales though as all the senior jobs have gone...but at least i would be out of the NHS (no hope system) when i go back to work I have to go for a little chat about my sick time even though it was all down to the death of my father. F**cking managers...aint got a clue how to run departments.
rant over :mad:
Good Luck dude,

If its gonna raise the quality of your life then DO IT,

so often in the UK we are forced to live to work, rather than work to live as it should be :D

·
Registered
640 Posts
Royal mail treated me something like that, got a hernia lifting over weight bags and my manager gave me a warning for being off sick when I returned to work AND because the Dr said "no heavy lifting" he told me "I was no f***ing use to him" and sent me to another office.

Now a lot happier employed by my wife as a house husband!!!

Therefore do what is right for you as life is too short to be miserable at work.

·
Registered
8,961 Posts
I recon working in toys 'r' us would be great fun!

Do it, even if it's only temporary and you decide to go back at least you'll have had a break

·
Registered
25,882 Posts
sbarker said:
Royal mail treated me something like that, got a hernia lifting over weight bags and my manager gave me a warning for being off sick when I returned to work AND because the Dr said "no heavy lifting" he told me "I was no f***ing use to him" and sent me to another office.

Now a lot happier employed by my wife as a house husband!!!

Therefore do what is right for you as life is too short to be miserable at work.
my ex had his appendix out and was off for a couple of weeks. he was signed off for ages, but his work didn't tell him he would get sick pay, so he went back to work early, was on light duties for about 2 days before they slowly started expecting him to work as normal. he ended up being signed off again for about 6 weeks. thing is, he sold the T25 as he thought he had no wages coming in. many thanks to his company for filling him in on the facts.

·
Registered
25,882 Posts
DarkHorse said:
I recon working in toys 'r' us would be great fun!

Do it, even if it's only temporary and you decide to go back at least you'll have had a break
hmmmmm i used to go in harlow toys r us a lot (we had nothing better to do) and all the kids that work there seem a bit gormless and only there for pocket money. we got no assistance whenever we wanted to know about something.

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hmmmmm i used to go in harlow toys r us a lot (we had nothing better to do) and all the kids that work there seem a bit gormless and only there for pocket money. we got no assistance whenever we wanted to know about something.
LOL//I should fit in ok then :D
I have always done retail up till 5 years ago when I went into the NHS..so Im used to it all..but not the gormless bit LOL...I tried to treat customers the way I would be expected to be treated when I go in any store.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts