Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
26,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know it aint all that important in the big scheme of things but we have had 4 of the Fuckers tonight
only momentarily but long enough to have to restart my slow to start up pooter:mad:
anyone else having them?

·
Registered
25,881 Posts
we had a couple just before christmas, then i went to newquay and the power went of from 6pm for about 3 hours. my mum went around to my nan's and she already had the candles and the ration books on the go.

later that night some of our road came on but other houses didn't. the power cut went for a good 2 mile radius.

then after christmas we kept getting the short power stoppages. thought it killed my poota the other day. the power was going through as the wireless dongle and the usb hub were still lit, but the poota wasn't on or off.

fingers crossed it seems to have stopped now.

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
26,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know it sounds silly but it does freak me out a bit when it happens at first ..............saying that i do enjoy a good powercut sometimes cos its something different
it makes you appreciate what you take for granted

·
Registered
25,881 Posts
we had a power cut at work a few years back. we had a cardboard office in the warehouse so the bosses removed some ceiling tiles to let the natural light in from the warehouse skylights. after a while the novelty of doing nothing wore off. we couldn't get drinks as the vending machines were off. you had to pee in the dark or leave the door ajar so that was out. i thought i would get ahead and type some consignment notes - oh no, the typewriter is off. we hoped they would send us home but sadly the power came up again later.

·
Registered
15,456 Posts
We get them loads here. Think we had over 50 last year! (One of the neighbours has started recording it cos it's so bad and they're on the case with the elec company.)

Some of them last for seconds some for upto 24 hours before they come and connect us upto mobile generators.

Our last one was a couple of weeks before christmas - it was off from midday ish on Saturday and came back on about 11 the next day. We've got a generator that we wire into the mains circuit in the house now cos it happens so much!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts