Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any recipes for food that is filling yet low in fat and preferably calories too?
I'm getting tired of the everyday muesli for breakfast, jacket potato with nothing in it for lunch and fish with veggies for dinner :(

·
Banned
32,338 Posts
For potato/pitta bread/sandwich/toast topper mix tinned tuna (in brine of course) with natural yoghurt, finely diced onions and a little ketchup.

Noodle soups are filling, warming and satisfying. Make up a basic stock, use fresh, cubed or shop stuff, add sliced garlic, ginger, lemon grass, throw in whatever you have in the fridge like sliced mushrooms, sliced peppers, prawns and fresh noodles and Bob's your mothers brother. YUM!

·
Registered
25,881 Posts
alpen light bars. i never touched an alpen bar until about 6 months ago. they are only 1 weightwatcher point and they are chewy and tasty. i had the regular alpen bars, but prefer the light ones. the apple and sultana ones taste like flapjack. i get mine in farm foods etc for 99p for a box of 6, they are 1.99 in supermarkets.

·
Registered
25,881 Posts
i'm thinking of making potato wedges. light coating of oil on them and shove them in the oven for ages.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
I can't take credit for this recipe my friend Chris is an amazing cook and he cooked it one night for me......

fry a chopped onion with a little garlic and a pepper and courgettes, put some passata in with it

Cook pasta seperately (Chris and I always use wholewheat pasta) and combine the two)

Serve with chicken that has been marinated in lemon honey a little olive oil and chilli and cooked on a griddle

The thing about eating well while dieting is to add in lots of veg and healthy options such as pasta and chicken. I am going to try diet coke chicken and balsamic chicken this week!!

Emma

·
Registered
12,478 Posts

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
17,465 Posts
I'm getting tired of the everyday muesli for breakfast, jacket potato with nothing in it for lunch and fish with veggies for dinner :(
i'm not surprised!

you have to base your diet on things you actually like and keep it as varied as possible. also, that sounds like a crash diet - not healthy.

be careful with meusli - many brands have a ton of salt and sugar added. i'm partial to shredded wheat with honey (takes care of the sugar cravings) and mixed seeds or dried berries on top.

make sure and have something to eat mid morning - it'll stop you getting hungry and beeing tempted to eat tons at lunchtime.

for lunch try miso soup and a chicken sandwich (wholegrain bread) or make up salads in the morning.

eat again mid afternoon. some fruit maybe?

in the evening, as long as you have something healthy - homemade chicken curry, moroccan lamb and cous cous, wasabi tuna etc - and a salad or veg, you'll be fine.

eating little and often makes your metabolism speed up and helps burn more calories. make sure you're drinking plenty of water through the day for the same reason.

i always have a bag of mixed nuts or dried fruit handy for snacking on too.

don't forget to excercise - diet is only half the soloution. if you're not used to doing a lot, start going for a walk at lunchtime for 20 mins. don't overdo it! (i don't know you - you may be super fit already so just ignore this if you are!)

remember that slow and steady wins the race!

to work, it needs to be a lifestyle change, not a "diet." it sounds like walkerdude2001 has got it sorted - his recipes sound ace!

:hangloose:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts