Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
m8's van, given to me to sell.

You'll of seen the previous advert for it.

He's now this afternoon offered it me for £1200, yup £1200 !!!!

Its got MOT until middle of November 08.

No TAX.

Not mint by any stretch of the imagination but it isnt bad at all, couple of bits of touch up especially near/on the fuel cap cover (see pic).

Full length roof rack made of stainless.

3 Seats up front, removable bulkhead, ply lined.

Bit of surface rust around wheel arches but nothing more than surface rash, missing a reflector out of rear bumper n/s (see pic) & front n/s indicator lens is cracked. Other than that everything works, one key fits ALL locks inc fuel cap.

Replacement engine fitted, aprox 100,000 miles on replacement engine.

HE HAS LOST ALL PAPERWORK FOR THE VAN !!!

I have ONLY Logbook & current MOT certificate which were in the vans glovebox, all rest, history, reciepts etc etc have been misplaced !!!

It has single electrics towbar, electrics working as they should, twin RWW.

The van IS in need of a service as its been stood since end of April 07 until we charged battery & got it MOT'ed in November, good oil/filters & a good grease up. It runs and drives as it is but I would reccomend a service.

I do not have any use for the van & have enough vehicals/projects at present & cant warrant having this at this time.

Im located in Bradford, West Yorkshire just 5 mins from motorway access (M62/M606), will always come & meet off motorway if you dont have SatNav.

First to offer OVER £1200 takes it.

So thats a 1998 R reg, LWB T4 with plenty MOT for offers over £1200, find another if you can ;)

First come First served, no 'will you keep it until whenever', sorry.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^^hup^^

Just looked on both Egay & the Autotrader, there isnt a 1998 R reg LWB as cheap anywhere, typically L-M reg price.

Its a 1200LWB to answer a PM.

Plenty of PM interest, first with cash over £1200 takes it away.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Right to settle a couple of PM concerns.

The reason its so cheap is :-

First of all, Ive just parted with £1200 for this van I dont need, just to help a freind out.

2nd im not here, nor have ever been to make money, whatever I get above the £1200 ive just layed out is a BONUS not a requirement !!

Last of all READ THE ADVERT - It states you WILL need to give this vehical a GOOD FULL SERVICE, also that I would change belts too to be safe, also grease up joints, door hinges etc..etc..etc...

So you WILL need to spend some £££'s on this van, service & belts arnt for free.

Ive been as HONEST as I can be, just remember the van has been stood a while, it starts & stops as it should, gave it a quick exterior rinse off & it come up nice & bright, bonnet is a little dented from forcing bonnet down instead of pushing release lever back (not by me).

Whoever buys it wont be dissapointed.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lots of interest, 3 people wanting to come & look, only 1 asked for address/number.

I WILL NOT save this van, its on a strict first come, first served basis !!!

If someone has set off to look then I wouldnt sell it/show it anyone else until the arranged person has been or not as the case may be.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This should be fun, Ive got 2 people 'coming' tomorrow evening, only one has asked for address like & another 3 people wanting to come look at the weekend.

Sorry if I sound arrogant but NO I WILL NOT SAVE THE VAN, FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED !!!!!!!!!

Sorry if 'your' not a messer but thats the way its being sold.

Reminds me of an old saying from some of the PM's ive had, the words, GIFTHORSE, LOOK & MOUTH come to mind, the van is here for all to see/test drive, it would make some people alot happier if I was askin more for the van but as previously stated, im NOT here to make money & NEVER have been, im here to enjoy the scene, nothing more, nothing less, simple as.

Someones going to get a nice n cheap van & I hope they laugh all the way home :D

Oh before I forget, ive also stuck an old AWIA CD headunit in I got off another m8 for £20, just so it fills the hole in the dash as it didnt have a stereo fitted, at least the purchaser will have some tunes for there journey home, I know only too well how shit a drive can be without tuneage ;)

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry but I have 3 very interested parties in this van, one of which im meeting here tomorrow evening which has been confirmed & double confirmed by the bloke, another wanting me to ring him straight away if the first bloke doesnt take it or turn up, then another dude PM'ed just after 11pm this evening wanting to come up tomorrow afternoon & take the van, but as im out all day until 7pm & the missus is at work until 8pm there will be no one here & being fair to the other dude who has earlier this evening has confirmed hes coming tomorrow, as hes picking up other parts from around this area, then I think it would be a cnuts trick if I sold it a couple of hours before a pre-arranged viewing.

Pity its not a bit older & tax exempt or id be tempted to stick a bid on that baja, £700 not wanting to take piss, but I would change quite a bit on that including black paint, bodylift & bigger wheels/tyres so thats all really I see in that for me, sorry pal, not wanting to sound like im taking the piss, just being honest.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
what's this insurance scam all about then?;):lol:
would you believe it, pulled up to a junction, m8 driving, next thing theres a Renault Espace stuck into the FRONT of the car we was in :eek:

This tit had gone past junction, stopped then reversed back, straight into us :D

Ooooooo my poor neck, still bloody hurts now (just incase your an insurance spy)

·
Registered
14,339 Posts
would you believe it, pulled up to a junction, m8 driving, next thing theres a Renault Espace stuck into the FRONT of the car we was in :eek:

This tit had gone past junction, stopped then reversed back, straight into us :D

Ooooooo my poor neck, still bloody hurts now (just incase your an insurance spy)

:lol::lol:

funnily enough i've just been to the quack last week cos my old whiplash injury was playing up:(......hurts like hell sometimes.......

hope you weren't 'seriously' injured......although if they did a brain check....you may be entitled to millions:lol:

maybe see you there dude;)

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
:lol::lol:

although if they did a brain check....you may be entitled to millions:lol:

maybe see you there dude;)
TWAT :D

Yeah maybe see you there, wont be in the 'Rusty Slut' though as she is coming off the road next week, to be sorted & MOT'ed sometime during summer.

Got my Bandit as my first to be done project, then do some mods to 'Rusty Slut II' which is arriving next week.

Catch up with ya sometime this year if not down @ Dubfreeze, take it easy pal & drive safe :hangloose

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.