Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i've been trawling the tech archive for threads about this but i can't find anything specifically about fitting a propex to a split with no interior.

basically my situation is, i want the heat to go through the standard ducts but as they start at the back of the van in front of the engine, i would presumably have to mount the unit at the back somewhere...is this correct or are there other places to duct it in along the channel?

i think the best place for it would be on top of the engine hump inside the van but i'm gonna end up having to drill a bunch of big holes to get all the pipes where they need to go (ie the exhaust and inlet ideally need to poke out underneath the van right?)

it would be cool if someone who's fitted one to a split could give me some advice on where i need to put it for minimal hole drilling and general unnecessary mauling of my bus.

cheers!
andy. :hangloose

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i had a look last night and i'm not certain pipe 70 splits into two like that (could be wrong though). the only place i could think of putting the unit would be under the front seats, probably wouldn't be too hard getting some holes out the bottom for the heater pipe and exhaust/inlet, no? i definitely couldn't put it outside under the van if that's what you mean, no clearance!

cheers moby, more tips welcome!
andy.

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
I've fitted mine under the back seat on the 45 degree though it was a pain cutting the holes for the inlet/exhaust due to it being corigated. I wasn't too fussed about the holes 'cause if I sell the bus it'll go with it.

I've made it sit so the exhaust exits straight out the van rather than down a pipe inside the van. Another thing to remember is to point the exhaust pipe away from the cargo door side incase you have an awning ;)

OP

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
this sounds good, would it be possible to get a pic of it behind the back seat? and maybe one of the pipe coming out underneath as well? think i know what you mean but it would really help me out if it wasn't too much trouble.

cheers mate!
andy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts