Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:) I've bought a complete Westfalia interior and have managed to fit most of it, but need help with a couple of things.

All the units are in and the bed works ok, but I can't work out how to fix the overhead storage unit in? I've got most of the screws and catches, so any photos of these and where the fix to would be great.

Also, I've got the cab bunk and the sets of catches so a photo of where these go (front and back) would be brilliant!

Itís looking fantastic and Iím really pleased with how itís going so far. I could also do with some pictures of how the bed screws in. Iíve got it in ok, need to drill some holes to fix it and wouldnít mind seeing what types of bolts are used.

I should add, it's about a '73 interior. The one with the sink on one side and the fold down cooker on the other :)

Thanks for this,
Paul

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Overhead locker is held up at sides by 2 brackets that are riveted to the van bodywork about 2/3 along the back windows..if you're fitting it into a van that wasn't a westy originally they won't be there..chances are they'll not be there anyway...you'll poss have to fabricate a little something and screw it into place...the rear end screws straight into the ceiling of the van at the very back just inside your rear hatch..
Bed should bolt into 2 threaded inserts on top of rear bulkhead,again,if not originally a westy these won't be present...you could maybe get a nutsert tool and fit your own but take care drilling around that area...fuel tank and all..Also a couple of bolts(or self tappers) into your rear wheelarches..the rest at floor level will have to be secured to your floor..ideal if you have wooden floor,you can just screw into boards :)

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok thanks for this.

If anyone can take a photo of the brackets for the overhead, that would be great. :hangloose

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
i don't have a westy any more so can't post pics but the brackets are really just a couple of bent strips of monkey metal ,probs about 30mm wide,you could probably pop rivet them above yer window wherever looks sensible and then screw/bolt into your toplocker...check the sides of yer toplocker to see if it has existing holes and match up to these... :)

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found the holes in the locker, so that sounds logical. I'll give that a try, thanks for your help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts